VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mild psoriasis and have always steered clear of peanut butter because it's on the DO NOT EAT list. Is it the fat content that causes these adverse reactions on the skin? I've been afraid to try any nut butter for this reason. Are all nut butters the same in terms of nutritional benefits?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by federico View Post

I have mild psoriasis and have always steered clear of peanut butter because it's on the DO NOT EAT list. Is it the fat content that causes these adverse reactions on the skin? I've been afraid to try any nut butter for this reason. Are all nut butters the same in terms of nutritional benefits?
I don't think it's the fat content; I would think it would more likely be the fact that peanuts are a common allergen and that peanuts are infected with a carcinogenic mold called aflatoxin. Actually, other nut butters are healthier than peanut butter. Try out almond butter, pumpkin seed butter, soy nut butter, and my favorite, sunflower seed butter. They are delicious and I don't think you would have a problem with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.