VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

so..i really am doing this. making an effort. and ive been maintaining, which is
but the thing is..there seem to be about a hundred things i can't eat without getting horrible cramps and feeling sick for like..8 hours.

its starting to bum me out. so i just gave up and started taking these stomach things after eating..but i hate taking stuff unecissarily.

but what im left with, is way too hard to get enough calories from without being far far past full. sigh.

stomach ache inducers seem to be:

any dairy that isn't yogurt
(weird ..but still. )

peanut butter (used to eat piles of it but the last few months its made me stomach twist around to the point of watering eyes. shame coz it was good nutrition)

high fat meals (even if its 'good fat' . just the huge amount of fat, i guess)

the list goes on.

sigh.

all im left with is fruit and veggie stuff, which is great but very filling for a tiny stomach.

and brown rice and carbs etc.

although ive started adding sugar in, just because i dont know what else to do.

i had a handle on it all, its only these stomach aches that are messing it all up. otherwise, im very happy !!

any advice to either reduce stomach aches afterwards (coz half the time i just shrug and eat the stuff anyway..but then really REALLY regret the pain. sigh.) or..no i dont know.

a lot of the time i just pile all my calories into rice or something, but then there's the sluggish listless feeling for hours after a high carb meal. sigh.

not to mention, i thought i was past the days of ordering nothing off a menu. and eating wiht my boyfriend isn't much fun when its a big cheesy meal and your choice is either shake your head and sit there hungry (or eating something boring and eating again later, to get more calories) or be in the bathroom all night.

i..argh. yeha.

actually the last situation, the boyfriend one, is really bugging me.

and itsl ike...now that im free, and WANT to eat what i want. i can't ?!

mm. yeah that last sentance sums it up.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Poor thing. Perhaps this is something that will get less over time? I wish I had more of an explaination for you, I really do.

Just try and continue to enjoy what you are eating - I think that is the only possible thing that you can do.

I hope you feel better soon

pirate x

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pirate and cissy, thanks for the response

so its not a permanent thing, huh? well i shall break on through, then

so SO hungry today. forget counting calories, i can TELL today i need more for some reason. and its one of those to-be-filled-with-carbs

days
you know those days where muffins and bread just sound like heaven? mmm.

·
Banned
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurushead View Post

any dairy that isn't yogurt
(weird ..but still. )
i think it's because of the bacterial cultures in yogurt.

s'why most people who are lactose intolerant can handle yogurt (i'm pretty sure.. don't quote me on that, though).

the bacteria makes the stuff already in your stomach dance happily.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohhhh gb, that makes total sense
thanks! ive figured out though that it actually doesnt happen with a piece of cheese on a sandwich etc. its just actual cheesebased things. like canelloni or ..or..i dont know. ricotta cheesecake. (random examples)

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
really? oh dear! i thought ricotta would be the most 'ok' cheese!! thats why i shrugged and ordered that meal despite previous experiences.. lol

and cheese in sandwiches and moderation was scary to test out, but had no bad effects. so ill just steer clear from bulk and from ricotta perhaps! thanks so much !

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
veggiejanie!! thanks!! seriously!

You always seem to have so much to say. its awesome. you're awesome
i wonder what it is about ricotta? fabulous though..because once i decided to eat ( a little) cheese, i was so dissapointed to find i couldn't. but i can!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts