VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so we've got vitamin D, and vitamin D3. We've got riboflavin, and the B vitamins....<br><br>
What is not acceptable for vegans? I am trying to find a good vegan cereal...<br><br>
Are all Kellog's ok, or only the ones with no D3? Or vitamin D? What is the difference between vitamin D and vitamin D3? As far as I can tell, my Life cereal is safe- no B12, and no D vitamins.<br><br>
Can someone please help me out here?!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I am pretty sure the D vitamins are all safe except D3,but I was not aware that B vitamins might be animal derived.Also,some things like cheerios just say vit.D but they don't say which D vitamin it comes from so it may or may not be safe.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
ALL kelloggs cereals' vitamins are vegan (but not all kelloggs cereals are vegan, like some contain honey and other stuff. The vitamin D in kellogs is SYNTHETIC, meaning created by man, so it is vegan. I also was told by kellogs thier glycerin is vegan. All the other vitamns in kelloggs are too. D2, is the vegan D, D3 is not vegan, it is from animal wool, or fish bones (blech!). Watch out!<br><br><br><br><br><br>
I have requested from life certain cereals, asking if they are vegan. Cinnalife and life are vegan, oatmeal squares (both kinds) arevegan too, and that's all I've asked about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts