Basic Crunches
Arm and Leg Raises
Twisting Trunk Curl Crunches
Push-ups
Upper Abdomen Crunches
Shrug Roll
Reverse Crunches
Heel Raises
From Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover: An Accelerated Program of Exercise and Nutrition for Maximum Results in Minimum Time

Aerobic Training:

Couch to 5k completed last month, so I will be alternating thirty minute jogs and twenty minute jogs, six days a week.

Strength Training:

Lower Body Workout:
Dumbbell Squat
Step-ups
Lunges
Standing Calf Raise
Knee Extension
Standing Leg Curl
Side Hip Raise
All to be done in three sets of twelve reps.

Upper Body Workout:
One Arm Row
Rear Lateral Raise
One Arm Triceps Extension
Upward Row
Overhead Press
Biceps Curl
Standing Fly
All to be done in three sets of twelve reps.

From Dr Miriam Nelson's Strong Women Stay Young and Wini Linguvic's Body Change.

Flexibility Routine:

Head Cross
Sideways Head Clasp
Shoulder Roll
Pendulum
Shoulder Hang
Backward Bend
Forward Bend and Hang
Clasped Hand Head to Knee Bend
Clasped Hand Forward bend
Kneeling Crescent Moon
T-shape Twists
Standing Twist
Head to Knee Stretch
Pelvic Thrust
Sitting Spinal Twist
Spine Rolling
Butterfly
Camel
Cat Arching
Child Pose
Corpse Pose

From The Supple Body: The Way to Fitness, Strength, and Flexibility by Sara Black.

Short term goals are to increase my pace - I am currently jogging a seventeen minute mile, and to improve my flexibility.

Long terms goals are to lose the rest of the weight I want to lose, and to run next year's Bay to Breakers race in San Francisco.

Even longer term goals are to hike the Yosemite Falls trail, and to hike up Half Dome.

Good luck with your goals everyone! You can do it!

See less See more
#8 ·
Well, almost nearing the halfway point of this month, BUT... since October 20th, I've lost about 4-5 lbs and about 3 inches all around my body. I've been doing the Couch-to-5k and cross-training during a couple of the in-between days. I feel that I've gained muscle mass and my energy is much higher now that I'm active.

So my goal is to continue my 1 - 1.5 lb/week weightloss as I move along my C25k track and keep raising my cross-training times. In December, I may change up my cross-training routine, but as for now... it sticks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.