VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've only recently went veggie, and now I'm working on vegan. My best friends birthday is coming up and before I went vegetarian and now vegan, she had picked Dave and Buster's as her birthday restaurant. I don't expect her to change her restaurant just because I changed my eating choices, and I want her to have an amazing birthday. However I've checked the menu online and there's pretty much NOTHING vegan. I don't want to cause any trouble and make things difficult at the restaurant but what should I do? The only thing they have vegan is edamame which I have to admit I've never tried but which doesn't seem all that appetizing. Like I said I don't want to cause any trouble. Any suggestions? Maybe I should eat before I go and then just have something to drink?

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
I looked up the D&B menu, and there are few things you could snack on, just to be a part of the group activity:

-A salad without cheese on it.
-Plain french fries.
-Pretzel bites, without the cheese sauce
-Their veggieburger, which you would have to ask about, as many veggieburgers contain some cheese or egg.
-sweet potato fries
-Actually, a number of the items on the list of sides and extras.

I might be looking at a different menu than you, because I didn't see edamame on there anywhere.

It is also possible for you to eat beforehand and just enjoy the drinks and games.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

I looked up the D&B menu, and there are few things you could snack on, just to be a part of the group activity:

-A salad without cheese on it.
-Plain french fries.
-Pretzel bites, without the cheese sauce
-Their veggieburger, which you would have to ask about, as many veggieburgers contain some cheese or egg.
-sweet potato fries
-Actually, a number of the items on the list of sides and extras.

I might be looking at a different menu than you, because I didn't see edamame on there anywhere.

It is also possible for you to eat beforehand and just enjoy the drinks and games.
I heard their french fries are baked with parmesan cheese but maybe I should call and ask. I didn't see the sweet potato fries either or their veggieburger. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong part. I'll definitely have to ask about the veggieburger, I won't get my hopes up though, it probably has egg whites. I also missed the pretzal bites. I'll probably do a salad without cheese and the pretzel bites without cheese sauce. Thank you
I guess I just freaked out there for a minute. Its the first time I'm going out to eat since deciding to go full vegan.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
This is the menu I'm looking at http://www.daveandbusters.com/eat/menu.aspx?id=458
And a second menu at the bottom of the one linked above with more stuff. http://www.daveandbusters.com/menus/T1_DiningMenu.pdf

The things that I see that are possibilities are the nachos without the cheese, meat, and sour cream. That might sound weird but my husband does that and he likes the nachos with just black beans, guacamole, tomato, salsa or pico de gallo and jalapenos.

Possibly the pretzel bites without the honey mustard or the cheese dip

Guacamole and salsa with chips

Ask for your own appetizer trio of the guaca/salsa & chips, pretzel bites and nachos (if they are all vegan with the items removed above.)

Edamame

Potato skins without the meat and cheese but with guacamole and salsa

Salad with possibly the balsamic vinaigrette or the raspberry vinaigrette (you'd have to see if they are vegan). I see the big salads and there's some delicious looking veggies and fruits in there that you could probably get added into a salad.

Tacos - I see they have build your own tacos, if the tortillas are vegan you could probably see if they can do them with veggies and black beans with salsa and/or guacamole.

The garden burger as already pointed out if it's vegan and if the bun is vegan

On the sides I see sauteed spinach, sweet potato fries, frazzled onions, and fresh seasonal vegetables that might be vegan or be able to be veganized.

If it were me I'd email them and list the stuff that you see that could be vegan or vegan if certain items are removed and ask them. Sometimes places get everything frozen together so you can't really make substitutions or remove stuff from what I've been told. Things like guacamole or even the chips for the nachos might not be vegan so I always inquire about everything that isn't just a plain piece of fruit or veg. I've been to a restaurant where they cooked their tortilla chips in lard and their tortillas for enchiladas and burritos came made with lard already.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Since you are vegan you might want to open up and try new things. Edamame is one of my favorite snacks! Give it a try

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Edamame are steamed soybeans, and nothing like soymlk or tofu! They are REALLY good!
All they need is a sprinkle of sea salt, and just munch on them. Not a "beany" flavor either. Can't describe.
Just eat before you go, and have a great time! I love D and B's

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! I guess I'll just go and eat what I can. The games will be the best part anyway. I think I just might give edamame a try, if everyone loves it so much it must be good. Thanks again and I'm sure I'll find something. And I would totally bring my own tofutti sour cream, I just might hehe.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
I've found, since becoming vegan, my focus at parties is on enjoying times with my friends/loved ones - not food. Eat before you go, or just have a snack when you're there and eat afterwards. It's really not that big of a deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts