VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

We are new to the boards and just getting to know folks here. Have loved reading all the threads about family.

Mike and I are both vegan and the only vegans in the family. Our niece recently became veg and is having a wonderful adventure.

We get **** from many of our family members but these days it is generally not meant in a mean way. I must say that many of our family members are very supportive, and even purchase vegan products for us when planning a trip to stay with them.

All of our family members have a better perception of what veganism is now. It's pretty cool.

And I wanted to add that Mike was not vegan when we met. It didn't bother me. For me it was not an issue until we began looking at a long-term relationship, marriage, and living together. I think it's totally cool for vegans to date non-vegans.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
I believe you're not allowed to share accounts with anyone...

That's great that your family is supportive of your veg*nism ^.^

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
...Kay?

Has this actually gone anywhere? Just curious. ^_^

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think it's totally cool for vegans to date non-vegans -- i agree. much cooler if you can convince the non vegan partner to be a vegan too.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gay Vegans View Post

Hi everyone!

We are new to the boards and just getting to know folks here. Have loved reading all the threads about family.

Mike and I are both vegan and the only vegans in the family. Our niece recently became veg and is having a wonderful adventure.

We get **** from many of our family members but these days it is generally not meant in a mean way. I must say that many of our family members are very supportive, and even purchase vegan products for us when planning a trip to stay with them.

All of our family members have a better perception of what veganism is now. It's pretty cool.

And I wanted to add that Mike was not vegan when we met. It didn't bother me. For me it was not an issue until we began looking at a long-term relationship, marriage, and living together. I think it's totally cool for vegans to date non-vegans.
Ironically, my parents had more concerns about me being vegan than being gay:
"Are you sure you'll be able to get all your nutrients?"
"Is soy the only thing you'll eat?"
"What about fish?"
"Veganism will be expensive!"

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBravo View Post

Ironically, my parents had more concerns about me being vegan than being gay:
"Are you sure you'll be able to get all your nutrients?"