VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i ordered a case of annies mac and cheese for the kids that arrived just fine, i ordered cereals and boxes of oatmeal next, they arrived and the boxes were all smushed, some ripped, and some crushed!!!

i called and they said they will replace the order, but what a waste!!!

they didn't even pack the box with any packing material, the stuff was just in the box able to roll around.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
That's a shame. And quite dumb, if you ask me. You should definitely send them an email strongly complaining about it. Maybe if they get enough complaints, they'll start packing the groceries properly. I've had stuff from them (like CDs and DVDs) that were packed in plastic bubble wrap, so it's definitely weird that they'd send food in an unprotected manner.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
A box of annies mac and cheese is like $2, a dvd is smaller and $20. Bubbling wrapping the later does not justify bubble wrapping the former.

Also, why a mean letter? The order is being replaced, what greater resolution could one hope for?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

A box of annies mac and cheese is like $2, a dvd is smaller and $20. Bubbling wrapping the later does not justify bubble wrapping the former.

Also, why a mean letter? The order is being replaced, what greater resolution could one hope for?
I never said "mean". I'm certain the OP has the ability to send a strong complaint in a letter without being mean about it.

And the whole point of my response is that a grocery order from Amazon shouldn't have to be replaced in the first place. Bubble wrapping a box of mac and cheese, regardless of the price of the food, should be a no-brainer and a matter of routine if it's going to be shipped through the mail. It's not like she called the local grocery store to have them deliver it to her.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok to clarify.........

the stuff is bulk, when the mac and cheese came it was inside a box inside a larger box........

i assumed the other products would be shipped the same, since they are bulk, kind of like the stuff you see at sams club or costco.

yes i can buy oatmeal and cereal at my local store, i like the organic stuff and i have to travel at least 25 - 30 minutes to a trader joes or whole foods, my local grocery chooses to double prices on these items, i go there for as little as possible and only when in a bind.

i like to buy in bulk because that means less trips to the grocery for me

i have 2 kids, that i homeschool, i work part time, both kids have various activities ( ex. gymnastics) they do, on top of field trips, and outside classes that i take them to.

my hubby works a busy full time job in law enforcement which can be unpredictable........so the bulk of household duties fall on me, im not complaining, i only work a few part time hours once a week. but i am busy with other stuff......so going to the grocery is a big chore for me.

sooooooo i try to go to the grocery as little as possible. so i buy stuff in bulk at bj's ( our local version of a sams club)....i buy produce at a local farmstand, which is getting ready to close for the season boo hoo......i also make monthly trips to trader joes to stock up on things i like from there..........a few of those things are what i ordered on amazon in bulk, thinking it would be a great way to save myself time and trips to the store.

anyway, they were very very nice about it all and they already sent out the replacement........

so i hope that answers all the questions.......LOL

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh one of the things in the shipment that was undamaged was nature path organic toaster pastries, (for the kiddies) anyway they were in a box inside the box like the macaroni.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL and before someone asks.....NO i dont feed my kids toaster pastry everyday, they are just something good to have around to throw in my bag when we are on the go or when my dd is at gymnastics for 2 hours and needs a quick snack.

and if i forget about it in my bag it doesnt get all gooey and smell it up like the banana i forgot the other day

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
One time my brother ordered a huge set of Cerwin Vega speakers. (gigantic). One came with a dented corner, so they sent out a new one. Well they said they'd come pick up the dented one, but they really had no reason to because the shipping was so expensive. So he has three now.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes i get to keep the smooshed ripped boxes of cereal. i really didnt want to keep them... i had them back in the box assuming they would want me to ship it back but they said i should dispose of it since its grocery they cant take it back.

any ideas of something useful i can do with it? feed the cereal to the birds? do they eat cereal?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts