VeggieBoards banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you all must get this kind of question a lot. A potential vegan/vegetarian asking for advice on diet, etc. I could just do some research, but I feel as if my inquiry is a bit specific.<br><br><br><br>
Please don't be offended if I say something that you disagree with. Please put yourself in my shoes and try and help me out the best you can. Any and all help is extremely appreciated more than you could know.<br><br><br><br>
First and foremost, I want to avoid ALL propaganda and biased information. I've had bad experiences with Peta and some extremist organizations. I am not all about watching those ridiculous videos (which I am not saying are fake, but they don't represent EVERY farm out there) and irrational, one-sided organizations. I would like this advice to be non-biased, and based on facts.<br><br><br><br>
Basically, this is how I feel. I do not think that eating animals is wrong, in my opinion. I think that if they are hunted in a manner that is humane (whether you think hunting is humane or not, that is your opinion). What I mean by that is NO suffering. I am sickened by animal torture. Injections, abuse, disease... all of that stuff. I want nothing to do with that and I don't want to support it. I believe in hunting and gathering as the first humans of this earth did. If I could hunt in my own back yard, and eat every possible part of the animal I could, and use everything I could to make the most out of the loss, I would do it, guilt free. I know that may offend some of you, and if you wish to respond to try and change my mind about this moral opinion, please refrain. I won't change my mind as far as the morality of merely eating an animal. What I AM interested in is avoiding any sort of TORTURE or ABUSE at all costs.<br><br><br><br>
Also, I am also considering getting rid of meat and possible dairy due to health reasons. I don't want to subject myself to all of the nasty chemicals and drugs used when raising these animals on these farms. Same goes with vegetables! I want to eat healthy, and avoid unhealthy preservatives where possible.<br><br><br><br>
To sum it all up, I don't want to support animal cruelty and I want to remain as healthy as possible. I need help! I don't know where to start. I don't know whether this lifestyle is what I need. And if it is, I don't know what is permissable to eat. What about seafood? If my moral opinion doesn't go against eating animals, only torture and health conditions, what about crabs? Lobster? Are there farms out there that actually do raise their cattle respectfully without drugging them or abusing them? Giving them PLENTY of room to run around and live a healthy life before they are slaughtered? Where can I buy these products? Or is there no way to be sure and should I just give up meat and dairy altogether?<br><br><br><br>
Any help would be appreciated.<br><br><br><br>
Again, refrain from trying to convince me to change my mind about the moral aspect. I don't want you to feel like you cannot speak your mind, but my purpose in this post is not to gain feedback on that matter in particular. If you'd like to talk to me about the moral aspect, go ahead and send me a private message. I don't want to censor you or silence your voice because I believe in freedom of speech. It's just not my goal in this particular post.<br><br><br><br>
Thanks everyone!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts