VeggieBoards banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to post here many years.

I've made a few new threads here over a few weeks.

The place seems empty.

Did something happen?

·
Vegan since 1991
3,660 Posts
I used to post here many years.

I've made a few new threads here over a few weeks.

The place seems empty.

Did something happen?

Hi beforewisdom,

As far as I can tell, this is one of the most active vegetarian/vegan forums.

I, too, have noticed that, as time goes on, the membership changes. Some people stop visiting the forum, but new members also join.

Reactions: Ger Jonker

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
In 2012, Michael, the founder of this board sold it to a for-profit company that manages forums. It's changed hands once more since then. There were many members who took issue with why and how that decision was made. I think what upset people was that they assumed Veggieboards was a community... it relied on a lot of free work from volunteer mods.... and the mods/community should have been given the opportunity to put together a volunteer board that would manage the site and make sure the emphasis stayed on the animals. Instead it was sold to non-veg outsiders trying to turn a profit off the ad traffic.

Most of the prolific posters left and started a separate, ad-free forum called VeggieViews.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In 2012, Michael, the founder of this board sold it to a for-profit company that manages forums.
I remember Michael!

He was a great guy.

He ran the board well except that he had one obnoxious friend who he tolerated trolling this board. The troll got a few other trolls of the time and went and formed their own web board just to **** post about what people here talked about!

Regardless, Michael was nice and I am glad he made a few shekels off of this place.

Thanks for the info.

Most of the prolific posters left and started a separate, ad-free forum called VeggieViews.
Thanks again for the information!

·
for a greener planet
2 Posts
This is typical of these sites. They all seem to go dead after awhile. People keep flocking to the popular, generalized sites like Facebook and leave these places ghost towns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts