VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I cannot be the only North Carolinian here. Show yerselves!

I'm actually going to be a semi-Virginian starting in September... maybe I'll post in that thread if there are more people.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Durham, NC here! w00t!

If anyone in my area knows of good places to shop lemme know! (Unless it's way past the date of this post, by then I'll probly have already found 'em myself)

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
There's a Well Springs in Durham. I've never been to it, though. ^_^;;; The only thing I've eaten in Durham was a nasty-ass salad at Duke University... blech.

And, yes, Ntelligentidiot, I'm starting at Randolph-Macon Woman's College in Lynchburg soon. I'm excited.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I, too, am a Greensboro native. I've lived here my whole freaking life.

And Gazumpy, love, you can't post here until you come here at Christmas.
Since you're flying into Virginia, you can post there then, too.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have several friends in Greensboro! And someone just today told me about a Well Springs in Chapel Hill, which would be closer to me than the one in Durham
I'm going this weekend! Thanks for the tip though Vegankat.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi. My in-laws live in Highlands, NC and my mom & step father built their retirement home near Waynesville, NC. I love NC!! Oh yeah, I went to school at Western Carolina University in Cullowhee.

·
Banned
559 Posts
waynesville is a cool little town, actually

i love *my* area of the state (priveleged information!), but there are some sketchy parts...um, on the way to the OBX, beuaford and atlantic beach and all the little weirdo towns around there- yeah, i don't like them so much, heh.

·
Registered
0 Posts
My ex went to Western Carolina! I love it up there. And Funkified, I lived in Wilmington for 7 years...loved it there and miss it like crazy...but I know what you mean about the sketchy parts - I lived in one of them for 6 months until we got an apartment in Wilmington. We called it the roach motel and the people were quite, um, interesting..

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I also live in Charlotte...also a transplant. Hey, I lived in Marksville, LA for a good eleven years of my life...

Hey, I am also a bookworm. Are we twins by chance seperated at birth and addopted out?

B

·
Registered
104 Posts
bethanie- maybe so who knows ^_^

Jonny M.- i don't know if you've ever been, but the peaceful dragon is a great restaurant... it used to be on pineville mathews road, but it's since moved to steele creek (sorry to say i have no idea where it is, but mapquest could help!)

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I've heard the peaceful dragon is good, though haven't been there. Lupie's serves good veggie chili...

Shoot, wait, you're not vegetarian. Come to think of it, are you even here anymore Johnny?

B

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.