VeggieBoards banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
thank you, so much, for all your suggestions! i love the plaster egg idea, and i do have some experience (from my art college days) with casting, but i'm afraid i just don't have the time or energy to do something quite so involved.

i think we'll check out the local craft shop to find wooden or foam eggs, as someone suggested. we can use regular paints and glitter to do them up. i can't believe i didn't think of that myself.

thanks again! great suggestions!

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
"Native Americanism"? What is that? Native Americans were incredibly diverse in their beliefs. Some tribes/nations were wasteful, some cruel, some abused women, others gave them the equivalent of political power.

How is it possible to embrace "Native Americanism"?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Um, Tame makes a good point. No offense, but there is no such thing as "Native Americanism." My husband is full-blood Shoshone, and his beliefs are quite different from my best friend, who is of Cherokee descent. Native Americans are as diverse in their beliefs as any other group - they are not all pagan. "Pagan was the name given to idolaters in the early Christian church, because the villagers, being most remote from the centers of instruction, remained for a long time unconverted. Heathen has the same origin. Pagan is now more properly applied to rude and uncivilized idolaters, while heathen embraces all who practice idolatry."

While "pagan" may now mean those individuals who are following a naturalist or Gaian belief system, that is not its original definition. Just an observation.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
oh, yup. we bought the styrofoam eggs. he took them to school and used paints and glitter to do them up. if i can find them i'll take a webcam picture of them for y'all. hee hee. he made them look soopah trippy!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts