VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find my pasta salad is rather bland without the pepperoni and ham in it...do you guys have any pasta salad recipes that are simple(no funky ingredients i wont like lol), that taste great?

·
Registered
755 Posts
A few pasta-salad ideas:

Tex-Mex Pasta Salad:

boiled pasta

black beans

corn

pinch of ground cumin and chili

salt

Meditterenean Pasta Salad:

pasta

mesculen greens

red onions

cucumbers

feta cheese (optional for vegans)

falafel

sliced tomato

"yogurt" dressing

Italian Pasta Salad:

pasta

blanched asparagus and/or broccoli

cubed carrots

sliced bell peppers

cubed tofu

cherry tomato

favorite Italian dressing

Hope you will get some inspiration from my ideas.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ooh I never thought of broccoli or asparagus! I've always seen pasta salads with raw broccoli, and I hate raw broccoli. But I bet if I add it blanched with the carrots it would taste great! So simple, why didn't I think of that? hehe Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
My Favorite Pasta Salad

1lb whole wheat rotini (you can use any kind of pasta, farfel is good too).

1 can quartered artichoke hearts

kalamata olives, pitted (if you're feeling lazy, you can leave the pits in and just eat around them)

oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, blotted to remove most of the oil and cut into slivers

2-3 green onion thinly sliced

Any other veggies I happen to have hanging around the fridge

Newman's Own Balsamic Vinegrette

This is good with just the ingrediants listed, but it works well as refridgerator velcro. Whatever fresh veggies I have on hand go in. It's especially good with blanched asparagus.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So this is what I did:

I used some rigitoni pasta, and added blanched broccoli and shredded carrot, and I forgot to buy some cheddar at the store! So I added some crumbled blue cheese that I bought for green salads, mixed it all up with italian dressing, it's delish!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.