VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two dogs, two cats, two hamsters, and a turtle...all I need is another turtle and a big-a$$ boat! Can you have too many animals?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Cats rule, dogs drool. LOL, that's actually true (the second part).

But, yeah, animals are cute. When they take over your life, they seem less cute, however.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
oh no....i have a mockingbird and a quaker parrot. *I* clean up poop....bird poop all over the %$#@ place. especially the mockingbird......

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
I can see why you don't like the cats if they scratched your face up that bad!

Two of each doesn't sound like too much. You should start fostering more dogs and cats (and turtles, if there's a need).

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Too many pets? Depends on you, your lifestyle, your space, your resources, etc.

I know I'd participate in a foster program if I had more space, some more resources, and I didn't already have my hands full...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I do what I can...I live right on the highway, so my main concern is how large a gated area I can create for dogs...I could probably go for one more small dog, and maybe another cat or three.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
=)

I could take on more animals myself, but I think I'm going to take a break as soon as I get these current fosters adopted. They drive me crazy sometimes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know what you mean! With 8 cats, 2 small dogs (one of which is VERY active) and 3 guinea pigs our house really does feel like a zoo. The cats and active dog really tear our house apart, and curtain climbing? We have some real experts...... with at least one curtain rod having to be replaced each month or so by either (a) too fat a cat (18, really pushing 19 pounds) standing on the top of the curtain, or (b) too active a cat running up and down the curtain or the top of the curtain very very fast. Sometimes when the cats start chasing each other it sounds like there are horses in our house!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I have a mini zoo also. I have 2 cats, 2 snakes, a tree frog, a gecko, a rat and my husband breeds gerbils. The cats run my house, espacaly the 9 month old. They are all very well taken care of and I think that is what matters the most.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i only havethe quaker parrot and the mockingbird we 'rescued' from the middle of the street but....it's a zoo. the quaker has never learned to fly being hand fed and wing clipped since hatching and she is afraid of the mockingbird who can fly and likes to buzz everyone's heads (especially hers) so the m'bird's flying while the parrot's screaming at her to stop (she just continuously yells "no no" at the m'bird). needless to say i come to work to get peace and quiet

·
Registered
604 Posts
We have 2 dogs, 1 cat and 2 fish. Not much of a zoo. Ohwell. I like the fish they live in my room and I named them tofu and soy though there not vegans *sigh*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts