VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Ok so I use to be a real gym addict. Really! Was my life and then last year just stopped going and then started getting lazy and because my BMI is now ideal and all the motivation just left the building.

I really do want to go do some exercise at least 3 times a week, its winter here now in cape town south africa but I am one of those people I need to exercise in the mornings when I wake up cause I am an early bird.

I had bronchitis last week so just waiting this week to recover 100% and then from next week back NO EXCUSES... one feel so fantastic afterwards.

ANY MOTIVATIONAL TIPS FOR ME?

The other problem I have is I get fit and then I dont know how to maintain my calories intake to not get so tired.

ANY MOTIVATION FROM CURRENT GYM / EXERCISE FANTASTICS would be AWESOME.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
I don't really know where I get my motivation from. Knowing that I'm getting older and running out of time really helps I think.

Getting complements from people on occasion about my physical appearance is very encouraging and inspiring too sometimes, but then I go and **** up all the good work from the exercise I do by drinking ****loads of alcohol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My only advice (at 50) is find what you love....I never stopped playing outdoors and I am still mixing it up, surfing, running, cycling, step. I only do what I LOVE and I do not let the time of day become my excuse. I haven't been in a gym in ages and people think I must live there....but I have to be outdoors so that is where I go. If you love the gym. GO.

As for food, make a list of what you love and that loves you back and fill your house up with it. I let myself have one small treat towards the end of the day if I have been good with my eating. I never listen to other people's "What works" for food because I find myself eating what I don't like and then eating what I do like too.

I also treat myself with good Ipod music for training. That seems to help a lot as well.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Morning Everyone
Thank you for the feedback.
Nishani the moment I cut back on alcohol (only drinking on occasion and only dry champers) I had no problem keeping my ideal body weight. Alcohol in moderation is fine but it really does just have a negative input on fitness and health.
Sufergirl you are totally right. I love being outdoors more now then spending my time in a gym Think running / walking in the park with my 7 month old staffie is wonderful that way we both get some exercise. Working in the garden all adds to exercise. I should just get out of the idea that exercise includes gym.
I likewise love walking with my favourite music from my IPOD.

·
Registered
824 Posts
My motivation kind of built on itself. In the beginning (many years ago) I had to force myself to work out. I wasn't in good shape and I felt like an idiot but I just did it. Eventually I began to experience a runners high, changes in my strength and endurance that were appealing. I loved it and kept at it. About 2 months after I started fitness became a major part of my life. I stayed very fit during my 3rd pregnancy (I am 12 weeks postpartum) and my labor was only 43 minutes and EASY. That right there is a testament to the benefits of being fit and thats all I need. I also dont do workouts I dont like. I like running so I run. I LOVE boxing so I box (this is my main form of exercise now, a complete program with strength training included) and I enjoy yoga and pilates here and there. My kids (3 and 4) get in on it with me and its a family thing. Watching them be healthy is fabulous motivation.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the inspiration vanmama884 and you look great for a mother of 2.

i will go back to gym on monday, slowly introducing runninig and orbitrek into my routine again. do you take energy drinks while exercise - i find my indurance is longer.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you still doing bikram yally? i never got there?

I think my problem is I always start out hard and intense and then burn out... will take it slow from next week..

I miss my exercise.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I haven't been back since that first time! I plan on going about once a month because it's really quite expensive. Not sure how much benefit I'll get from that but it's always good to have a good stretch out

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandra View Post

thanks for the inspiration vanmama884 and you look great for a mother of 2.

i will go back to gym on monday, slowly introducing runninig and orbitrek into my routine again. do you take energy drinks while exercise - i find my indurance is longer.
Thank you! actually I just had my 3rd in March, I have a 3 year old son and a 4 year old daughter also

1 - 12 of 12 Posts