VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is Saturday night here in California... am I the only one with no life.. having to work on a night when everyone else is having fun?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Ummm...yep. Pretty much.

I'm just kidding.

I've worked many Saturday nights and there are six other nights to the week for having fun.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I agree with both the Alpaca Guy and with Oatmeal....

I don't know how so many people around here can afford to go downtown every weekend. I guess I'm just a money saver at heart. Plus, I actually feel 'out of my element' when I am around too many people. Sometimes even going to K-mart can cause me to feel dizzy and out of sorts. Does anybody else have that problem?

Insted, I spent my Saturday evening going to a run so I guess you could say I don't have much of an intresting life either.
But I don't mind that.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hey my Saturday nights usually involve me and a dvd...and I never feel bad about it - unless I start thinking about it too much...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I thought I posted here ... hmm, must have been my exciting life that pulled me away before I could post

OK, I guess one's opinion on matters depends on the definition of "life" and "fun"

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lucycat

Hey my Saturday nights usually involve me and a dvd...and I never feel bad about it - unless I start thinking about it too much...
What kind of DVD?????

·
Registered
435 Posts
I loved it when I had jobs that allowed me to work on the weekends. I specifically took weekend shifts so that my days off were in the middle of the week. That way, when I went out to do things during the day or night, there was hardly any people about. Even now I almost never go to the movies on the weekend. There are less people and less yahoos during the week. Its just a creation of our culture that has led us to believe that the weekend is the only time to go out and have fun.

The same goes for one-day holidays. Most people I know really want to have those days off. When I had the choice of what days I worked, I always worked on holidays. That way I got paid time and half for working a day, that when you got right down to it, was no different than any other day of the week.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am exactly the same way shamus. However, as society is today, a lot of people work out of the office, so there is much more traffic on the streets than years ago... even during the week. But yes, I like weekdays off allows me to get things done faster errand wise, and less people at the mall and movies ect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts