VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have one? Maybe some of you use it here. I have so many from my family over the years.

Do you give nicknames to people or animals in your life? The pets we've had have all had nicknames. I've only given a nickname to one beau that I can remember, and I've been given a few by others; but no one else other than family members.

Here are some of my dad's nicknames: Ski, Boiny-Boo, Idiot (it's an endearment, trust me! I wouldn't dare call my dad that seriously), Lou-eegee.

Our first dog whose name was "Yogi": E.R., Stinky, Animal.

Tons more.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Muppetcow is a combo of 2 nicknames--ChristiCow and Muppet.

I've also been called Hi-C, Cricket, Lady Panchy, Little One, MooMoo, Crystalline Lou, Christiana Banana, Christia (Kris-tie-uh), the Hipless Wonder, Wigglebutt, Steena...I think that's it.

Most of those names are specific to one or two people, so at any point in time, I can be answering to 8 or 9 different names.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Strix

"Spanky"? Got a video? Lol. Okay, I'm getting like Siri and wearing that one out, ha?

I wish Siri were here
But he's rarely on anyway.
I have no video
Actually, the name was coined by a good friend and it just stuck.

Yeah, Siri's great!
He's the best bud in the world!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
um i aquired a few nicknames this weekend. One was Peter Pan for my ability to tumble down a flight of stairs and only hit one the whole way down. Also Tinklebell cuz I had to go to the bathroom really really really bad but there wasnt a bathroom anywhere so i just went behind a car and then later by a rock and later somewhere else that I dont really remember.

My best friend Matt made his own nickname up the other day. He and another friend of ours were playing with a lighter and he started singeing his arm hair. He then uttered the phrase: "Wow, now I really am a flaming gay man" so we call him fgm now.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SystmDwnGrl

My best friend Matt made his own nickname up the other day. He and another friend of ours were playing with a lighter and he started singeing his arm hair. He then uttered the phrase: "Wow, now I really am a flaming gay man" so we call him fgm now.
LOL.

I refer to my friend Jason as "The Gay" b/c he hates it when people say "the gays," i.e. the gays had a parade yesterday. He says it's as if they're a family that just moved in down the street. Have you met The Gays yet? They just moved in next door to Mr. and Mrs. Jennings.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had a number of nicknames growing up, all with their own little stories as to how they came into being. All of these names were created and used while I was in high school.

The first nickname I received in high school was Angel dust boy. I got that name from playing net in floor-hockey. I had no equipment to use, and some of the guys had very hard shots (many of their shots left big red welts all over my chest legs and arms - and sometimes my face). However, I never flinched when I was hit by the puck. The guys said that it was as if I felt no pain hence the Angel dust reference.

The second nickname I had was Woody. I received that name whilst on a school camping trip. After most of us had retired to our tents, some of the older female students who were helping to lead the trip, asked if anyone had some playing cards. One of the older male students said that I did (which was true). When they asked where the cards were, he proclaimed that they were under my woody. The name stuck (for a while, anyway).

The third nickname, which I received a few years later, was Sonic (like the hedgehog). Again it was related to floor-hockey, but this time I was playing in a forward position. I had so much energy, and was in such good shape that I was able to tear around the gym at full tilt for over an hour straight. I would still be sprinting up and down the length of the gym by the end of the hour, as if I had just joined the game. I was also the fastest sprinter at my school. These two things led to people referring to me as Sonic.

For a short while, just for fun, people combined the last two nicknames to create Sonic Woody. The teachers didnt care for that one too much.

The last nickname I received in high school, I received in my last couple of years. That name was Junior Tank. While I was playing on the hockey team, there was a guy who was very strong and quite well built. He ended up getting the nickname Tank, about a year before I joined the team. I shared most of the physical attributes of this guy, but was a few inches shorter, so I gained the nickname Junior Tank.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
my 3 girls have had nicknames since their 1st week of life outside the womb.

casey - weezy, because of weezy jefferson from the show the jefferson.

chrysalin- BoBisa, because of the name game. chrysa chrysa bobisa banna fanna ......

lilly- she has many- lilly bell, lillypad, water lilly, loulou and lilliputian..

haha when i was a teen i was called boobie by all of my friends. no i did not have large ones actually i had the smallest of my 2 best friends!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I go by Skylark in real life because I want to. With some people, it's like pulling teeth to get them to call me that. I swear, some of my friends have fixations with more conventional names!!!!

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I didn't have any nicknames growing up because my mother doesn't approve of them. ^^;;

When I worked at Papa Johns, one of my managers called me "Speedy" because I worked fast.

I have another nickname given to me by my friends that's a shortened version of my real name, which I don't post publicly. It's cute, and I prefer it to my full name. ^_^

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Meo. It's short for Miss Evil One. My friends and I all have nicknames.

Some of my friends are Snitch, Miss Purple Eyes, Royal, Rontu, Foody, and Count Beanula... but he's not really a friend. Just someone we know from orchestra who we tease constantly.

*sighs* I have odd acquaintances.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Stuss (as in the brand stussy, it's a variation on my name)

Wolfie (self-explanatory)

Poogy (a word I made up)

Sto (we went through a phase of calling each other by our first initial, or first two letters, and "o")

Poo (general term for all of our friends, instead of "hey dude" it was "hey poo!")

Thought of one more

Anastasia (was my nick on the uni newsgroup)

·
Registered
587 Posts
I was always Bean, Beanie, Beana, Frina, Torino, Farina, China, Shine-a, (people like to "rhyme" with my name) and Tuna, Tuna Melon, ( bc when I write my name in cursive it looks like tuna, and the melon bc I had written my middle initial and my last name really close so that came about) Oh yeah and Betsey (it was the name of my first car) I am sure there are more. Oh and Joey(at work they say I am 'smart' like him (friends))

·
Registered
904 Posts
My first nickname was Bina, soon followed by Bean and Beany. After that there was Submarine, You (just kidding
) and The Baby which is what my mother calls me at inconvenient times.

More recently I've had Sam or Smiley at one of my old workplaces.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts