VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a young college student that's been struggling with food for the past year. I dropped to a dangerously underweight level, and I'm not very healthy, but I realize this now, and so I'm working on improving my health. I had pretty much stopped eating meat before this year, but it wasn't until February of this year that I decided to completely cut out anything that came from the slaughter of animals, like gelatin. One day I think I would like to become a vegan, but due to my health and weight it's not an appropriate time for me to try that. I joined this forum, because I don't know anyone in my life that is a vegetarian or vegan, so I'm on my own when it comes to finding out how to keep healthy and find a variety of foods to eat. I'm hoping everyone here can give me advice, recipes, and inspiration, so that I can once again learn to love food and my body as much as I love animals and the planet.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Hi there! Welcome to the forums. There are all sorts of resources to help you out on the boards, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I'm sure you'll know when the time is right to go vegan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Snowcone and KrisMTL!
I've only just started recovery, but hopefully I can start a transition into being a vegan sometime this year. It all depends on how long it takes for my body to heal, which I've been told is different for everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts