VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any nice, non-spicy vegan recipes? Preferably not tomato based (like pasta dishes with tomato sauce), as I can't eat too much tomato.<br><br><br><br>
I'm having a friend over to make/eat dinner together tomorrow, who can't have spicy food (I'm not supposed to, either, but I do frequently) and can't think of anything good to make except boring, bland everyday things like beans and rice and vegetable stews, etc. I want something sort of special, not gourmet, but just nice. Also, I don't want anything with sweet potatoes in it (my friend doesn't like them).<br><br><br><br>
I'm hoping to find something with fairly "normal" ingredients that I can get at a grocery store, because I don't have time to go searching for things, and something that doesn't take too long (no marinating overnight, etc.) Can anyone help?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Portabello Burgers with Roasted Pepper Paste<br><br><br><br>
2 Tbsp olive oil<br><br>
1/8 cup (3 splashes) balsamic vinegar<br><br>
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped<br><br>
1 lemon, juiced<br><br>
2-4 large portabello mushroom caps<br><br>
salt & pepper<br><br><br><br>
Roasted Pepper Paste:<br><br>
1 14 oz jar roasted peppers, drained<br><br>
a drizzle olive oil<br><br>
handful flat leaved parsley<br><br>
1 large clove garlic<br><br>
salt and pepper to taste<br><br><br><br>
2-4 large crusty rolls<br><br><br><br>
Suggested toppings:<br><br>
Whole baby spinach leaves<br><br>
thinly sliced red onions<br><br><br><br>
Combine first 4 ingredients in the bottom of a large food storage bag. Add mushroom caps, seal, and shake bag to coat caps. Let marinate for 15 min. If no bag then just maranate on a plate or in a bowl.<br><br><br><br>
Grill mushrooms on indoor grill, or in regular pan, starting with caps down, turning to caps up, 6 min on each side. Season caps with salt and pepper.<br><br><br><br>
To make the red pepper paste, combine the roasted red peppers, oil, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in food processor or blender and pulse grind into thick sauce.<br><br><br><br>
To serve, place the grilled mushroom caps on toasted bun bottoms. Top with spinach and onion. Spread bun tops with pepper paste.<br><br><br><br>
Ideas for side dishes:<br><br>
chips<br><br>
pasta salad (marinate cooked pasta, like bowties or spirals, in favorite italian dressing, add chopped vegetables-carrots, cucumber, peppers, sliced scallions and let marinate for 30min up till overnight. If you have vegan mayo, you can add this at the end, before serving if you want.)<br><br>
mashed potatoes<br><br>
steamed broccoli with lemon pepper

1 - 2 of 2 Posts