VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'lo

I'm sure you're all startled and stunned that somebody has a ragged desire to gain weight as, y'know, to be thin is essential and blah de blah. Anyway, since i can remember i've always been an emaciated sod and i feel it is time that i strive to put on some weight. I am not overly unhappy with how thin i am but i do feel that it'd be a welcome change.

I eat a reasonably varied vegan diet and i find it really tough to exceed or even reach the recommended calorie intake of 2500. Please, could you suggest any ways in which i could remedy this 'problem'.

Merci

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Try some of the exotic nut butters - almond, macadamia, cashew - they are delicious on sandwiches and crackers. Also, try to add things to what you already eat. If you like baked potatoes, add some chili and vegan cheese. If you like sandwiches, add avocado or hummus. If you like cereal, add banana and flax seed.

And, believe me, it will probably get easier over time - one tends to gain weight naturally with age.

·
Registered
770 Posts
French fries, vegan ice cream, pasta/bread/rice...That should help pack it on.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMommaCow View Post

That sounds rancid.
There is probably a cup of cheap refined oil in every few servings of the of the vegan "fries" that dividedsy suggested. At least with extra virgin olive oil you are getting the first, cold pressing - nothing but the "fruit juice" of the olive fruit. You can even get olive oil that hasn't been super-filtered and still looks a bit cloudy - has particles.

Seriously though, nuts, being sure to include walnuts (with omega 3), avocados, olive oil. Sesame tahini, add it to lots of things, cold pressed sesame oil. Nut milks and butters. You can put them in various recipes. I really don't want to recommend deep fried foods like "fries." Better to steam, microwave, or bake, things such as potatoes, then add cold pressed, relatively unrefined, oil, or nut butters, or sauces made with these.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
There's currently like three different threads going now about gaining weight on a vegan diet.
((its totally possible, as is loosing weight on a vegan diet))

High cal-lo volume foods are key. Nuts, smoothies (liquids fill you up less than solids), dried fruit, etc. etc. And of course vegan cookies.

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
How about adding some tahini to your diet for easy calories? I believe 2 Tbs of the stuff adds up to about 200+ calories. It'll most likely be in your hummus but you can also drizzle it on vegan pizza with some nutritional yeast (love this, mmm...), toss it in a stir fry or make other sauces/dressings with it.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Porridge Porridge and more Porridge
sprinkle some sultanas on top.
Already bread,rice and pasta have been
suggested. I would also eat plenty of dates.
But make sure your'e eating plenty of raw food as well.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Porridge Porridge and more Porridge
sprinkle some sultanas on top.
Already bread,rice and pasta have been
suggested. I would also eat plenty of dates.
But make sure your'e eating plenty of raw food as well.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
It's all about coconut milk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts