VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's uncle was killed in New York yesterday in a freak accident involving an abandoned shotgun:

Stories start here:

http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...&postid=159412

It's not really "veg" news, but it's one of those things I need to share. I'm pretty torn up seeing my wife like this, and hearing about how her family is reacting. I met Orano at his niece's (my wife's cousin's) wedding, and he was a warm, wonderful guy, one of those great Old World characters that you want to hang out and drink with as he tells you all his old stories. I can't believe I'll never get to see him again. It's such a senseless death.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Aw. I'm sorry to hear that, epski. I wish you guys the best, you're in my thoughts.

Unfortunately I lost an uncle in a freak accident involcing a bridge in Corpus Christi, TX that was hit by a barge. His car was the only thing holding it up. I can attempt to dig up the article.

I can relate to you, I had to see a couple family members torn up about it. They still are. I didn't know my uncle that well at all, so I didn't experience much of a personal loss. It was just weird to me. Especially seeing my Grandparents torn up about it. Like I said, I can relate, and I am truely sorry you guys have to go through this.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.