VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helo to all, I am returning to the veggie lifestyle after 30 years away. In high school back in the 70's my mother converted the household to vegetarian eating. Over the years after marrying into a man from the midwest, I began eating 'normal' american fare. Recently I began having digestive problems and after some research on eating and discovering that people with arthritis have less pain eating vegetarian, I decided to apply it. Anyway, over the last month I have begun to feel better than I have in years. I have eliminated milk and wheat also, as they are suspect in causing arthritis flareups.... well enough rambling.

Robin

·
Registered
765 Posts
Do you have osteoarthritis, Robin? My mother does and I've been trying to get her to quit eating beef since that seems to make it so much worse and she's always complaining. Know any good websites about it? I'd really like to do some more research.

Anyway, welcome to VB!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, thanks for the welcome. I have found quite a few websites where research is showing certain foods cause flareups with arthritis, I'll find the links and post them. Basically certain foods cause the system to be to acidic and the body attacks the joints. The ideal is to limit acidic foods. I found for myself that milk, coffee, wheat and red meats were big instigators. Coffee was the hardest to eliminate. I have osteoarthrits of the knees and have had both hips replaced- so i am hoping to avert any more problems. I found in changing my diet my chronis indigestion went away also.

Robin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts