VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure of the etiquette, so bear with me.

Let's see, I heard about this place from missleigh, "my bestest friend in the world." I thought it might be a good place to meet people and learn things about nutrition without having to bug Leigh all the time.

I've been vegetarian since November of 2001, not sure of the day. It's been, um, interesting dealing with my meat-and-potatoes husband and know-it-all stepmother. I'm still learning, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting enough protein.

As of now, I do not eat any type of meat, meat broth, lard, etc. I do not eat eggs by themselves, and do not use them in my own cooking, but do not eliminate things with eggs as an ingredient. I do occasionally eat cheese.

Overall, I feel more healthy than before. I have also slowly lost a small amount of weight. I don't have as many "stomach problems" as before, and strangely enough, my PMS anemia is not as bad or frequent as before. And there's a lot to be said for getting plenty of fiber.

That is all I can think of for now. So, please, be gentle.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Hi Christy. There are a lot of vegans here, but there are a lot of vegetarians too. It's one big (mostly happy) family!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi, Christy! I'm really glad you joined! You'll find LOTS of info on here, and everyone is very helpful and cool and nice!! There are all kinds of vegetarians on here, so you fit right in!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi Christy- I am new to the boards as well and I just wanted to say hi. The people on the board seem to be so very informative, friendly and helpful

Looking forward to getting to know you.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by christy13

I thought it might be a good place to meet people and learn things about nutrition without having to bug Leigh all the time.

You never bug me, you know

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi Christy!
That's great that you've lost some weight and have less stomach problems. Being a veggie can *definitely* do you good! Welcome aboard!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts