VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Liz. After about a month of browsing the forums I finally decided to make an account.

Here's my story: I have been pork/beef-free for quite a while. But about a month ago(shortly before I first found this site), I started to really read up on vegetarianism. I went through the normal stages of shock, outrage, etc. at animal treatment policies, and I also learned about the potential health benefits. I thought about making the transition for a long time. However, here's the other part of my story: I'm 15. so i've had to go slowly for a number of reasons. That's another reason why for a long time I hadn't given up anything but beef and pork; my parents weren't convinced I could get all my nutrients without chicken or fish. As of last week, though, I took the next step and became meat-free! Yay! That's why I decided to finally make an account here, to get support from you all and all that.
That's pretty much it!

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Good for you! Welcome to VB! I know it can be hard when you are only 15 and still under your parents 'control' so to speak. Good luck and I hope you won't find it too difficult to maintain a meat free diet!!

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
welcome to VB! I went fully vegetarian (after being pescatarian for a while) aged 15, for similar reasons. Congratulations on making the switch!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts