VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and new to the veggie life style. I'm currently in the middle of converting and have cut out chicken and beef altogether.

I don't have any friends who are veggie so I joined for some support.

I look forward to meeting you all.

<3 Elle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks unovegan- I wish but unfortunately I'm not a model. I think that everyone has their own reasons for becoming veggie/vegan, and to be totally honest mine is mostly down to health reasons. I got really sick from eating meat a few weeks ago and switched to Quorn although i'm having a difficult time just now not being fully veggie and looking for some inspiration to convert fully.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Health reasons are a good starting point. I was a pretty unhealthy vegetarian/early vegan years ago. Lots of pre packaged soy products, etc. With time i've learned lots about whole grains and pasta, high fructose corn syrup, soy isolates, etc. and other pros and cons of our eating. It has really opened my eyes to simplifying eating habits and some of the disgust that is in modern foods. If nothing else, love your body and treat it well with simple and healthy food.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look into these more. Can I ask.... what's your favorite meal? Maybe i'll get some inspiration.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post

Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look into these more. Can I ask.... what's your favorite meal? Maybe i'll get some inspiration.
You need to check out the recipe section on here. there are also threads on here about favorite meals and a current thread on what was for dinner. Help anyone??

that's a tough call for me. Here's some of my favorite meals that we currently eat:

Oil (olive oil) based pasta with broccoli and pine nuts
Falafel with tahini and pita bread
Brown rice with burgers and a side of veggies
Burritos -rice, refried or whole beans, salsa, hot sauce, salad, vegan sour cream, avocados, tomatoes, fried corn tortillas or regular tortillas.
veggie stir fry with rice or noodles
a simple store bought greens salad with carrots, tomatoes, nuts!, and Annie's Goddess dressing.

Just a few ideas of what works for us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.