VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all you vegans and/or vegetarians!

I have kept up a recipe blog at a popular site, but it's not one that is particularly vegetarian (though there is a category for it), and I started to feel kind of out-of-place there. (No meat or dairy recipes from me.)

While I can't claim that I am totally vegetarian, I'd say I'm about 99% vegetarian. I seldom consume dairy, so I have a ton of vegan cookbooks. I may someday be completely vegan. Since my (adult) daughter is vegan (which I always recommended but never quite managed), I am at least not alone in that!

I look forward to sharing recipes and ideas here.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Hi bellowbelle,

Welcome to VB. You say that you are not totally vegetarian, but may someday be vegan. Is it then your intention to be completely vegetarian, or do you plan to continue to eat meat (including fish) in some limited way for the foreseeable future? The reason I ask is that this site is for vegetarians and those who sincerely want to become vegetarian - and you sound close! But we can't make exceptions, so some clarification would help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sincerely want to become vegetarian and that is my intention. Though, it is more my intention to become totally vegan.

Any reserve hasn't been from indecision or from being tempted (I don't miss eating meat) -- it's more or less just a matter of sometimes being in a social situation where it's very difficult to eat vegan, when all that's available is NOT that.

I don't like eating meat, I don't miss it.

As for dairy, I have to admit that I've always liked cheese, but I really like many of the veggie cheeses. (I'm well-aware of dairy-milk replacements... most of them I'm not too crazy about. Not an issue, though.)

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
Welcome - and it's great that your daughter is veg too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts