VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! :]

My name is Christine [as you can probably guess from my username], I'm 17 years old [18 at the end of March!] and I'm a relatively new vegetarian.

I started September 4, 2010, but in July I spend the whole month without meat, just to see if I could do it, and I did. I later went back to meat come August, but then I realized I just didn't want to eat it anymore, so I stopped. Sometimes I get "jealous" of other people who do eat meat, like "Why should do this when the majority doesn't?" But then I realize what I'm doing, in terms of helping animals and the environment, and it makes me feel really good after all. Of course.

I really admire vegans, but at this point in my life, at least, it's just not possible. However, I do very much stay away from milk and eggs in their "pure" form. I no longer drink milk with my breakfast like I used to do every morning, nor do I order eggs when I get breakfast at restaurants, etc., but I do eat products made with them. It's something though, right?

Anyway, sorry, that was kind of drawn out, but I'm so excited to be here, and I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Hi! Welcome to Veggieboards! I was a vegetarian when I first started posting and I got support from so many great people it was a lot easier to transition to vegan eventually. I hope you find the same!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi and welcome, Christine. Personally, I think that being a vegan is more easy than vegetarian if you get used to making food without milk, eggs and honey because you don't have to look free range options any more and the line is much clearer. You could try some vegan days every week, that way you can learn cooking before transition. (This is also the reason why abrupt veganization isn't suitable for many - they don't know how to cook or know just about very narrow variety of foods.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts