VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've just discovered Veggieboard rather surprisingly via Goodreads
I've been vegetarian for ages now - was earlier in my life too but lapsed for convenience and disliked it so much I came straight back to vegetarianism. One of my daughters is also vegetarian and has been since she was 12. I have always had a strong interest in animal rights, have been a member of Animal Liberation for years, and feel strongly about live animal exports, and non free range hens (apart from anything else).

Aside from that my interests include reading - love books! and gardening. I try to live a fairly straightforward life, simple but happy.

Sister

·
Registered
814 Posts
Wecome sister

There is a small group of Aussies on VB but I find it doesn't matter where you are from friends are easily made.

Out of interest where do you hail from? I am in Perth.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

One question (so far). Why am I a junior member and everyone else is senior? Does it relate to the number of posts? Cant be age surely cos I'm 51!

·
Registered
824 Posts
LOL, I believe its post related too

·
Registered
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sister View Post

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

One question (so far). Why am I a junior member and everyone else is senior? Does it relate to the number of posts? Cant be age surely cos I'm 51!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

Yeah, I think around 100 posts you become a senior member.

Welcome to veggieboards!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama884 View Post

LOL, I believe its post related too
Yep, it's based on number of posts. You can customize it to any short phrase you'd like under General Settings.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLoveKnit View Post

Yep, it's based on number of posts. You can customize it to any short phrase you'd like under General Settings.
I like what yours says! I just scared myself thinking what year it was when I went vegan... LOL! I was still a raucous teenager, now I'm close to 30!! How time flies.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama884 View Post

I like what yours says! I just scared myself thinking what year it was when I went vegan... LOL! I was still a raucous teenager, now I'm close to 30!! How time flies.
Thank you.
I went veg when I was 15. It's been almost 18 years now... well, most of it... I had some unfortunate cravings while pregnant, so I lost some "cool" points.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLoveKnit View Post

Thank you.
I went veg when I was 15. It's been almost 18 years now... well, most of it... I had some unfortunate cravings while pregnant, so I lost some "cool" points.
When I was pregnant this last time i craved cheese but def not any meat. Pregnancy is HARD. LOL the cravings are NUTS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts