VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised no one has started a thread on this yet. I just had an idea pop into my head so I thought I'd get it going.

Mine is to do something nice for someone else every day of the new year. Wonder how long that'll last. *lol* Anyway, it's a nice thought. I'll mark each day's good deed on my calendar. Maybe once a month I'll post the list to VB.

Basically this is an effort to become a better person, to appreciate and share what I have, and to do something to make the world just a little better for others.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael

Surprised no one has started a thread on this yet. I just had an idea pop into my head so I thought I'd get it going.

Mine is to do something nice for someone else every day of the new year. Wonder how long that'll last. *lol* Anyway, it's a nice thought. I'll mark each day's good deed on my calendar.
I thought of it too, but figured I'd wait for someone else.

Just maintaining VB is doing something nice for someone else everyday.

Hmm. My resolutions. Every year I pick the same thing- better mental, physicial, and spiritual health. But that is really too broad. I need to think about it for a while.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
-Clean my room.

-Stop whining.

-Stop being selfish.

-Stop being so emotional.

-Learn to sew, so I can make my own prom dress.

There are more, I put them all in my Livejournal, but these are the important ones.

·
Registered
0 Posts
In no particular order

-Go the entire year without smoking one cigarette

-Start training for running a Marathon

-Loose 50 lbs

-Arrive at work no later than 8 pm every morning (I usually stroll in at about 9:30)

-Listen more than I speak in an attempt to gain more knowledge

-Read at least one book every three months-at least 2 being on self improvement

-Forgive myself sooner for mistakes and move on

-Be more organized

-Save at least 10% of my income

-Stop impulse spending

-Limit my net surfing while at work to my lunch hour

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
get a job. pay my rent. maybe buy some food.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Keep my foot out of my mouth.

Stay not smoking

keep the damn house clean[ish]

Plant some trees

Learn how to become a sh!t hot parker of cars

Clear out my clutter [did i say that last year, well I did make a start]

Lose 20lbs of flab

Sort out the books in to some kind of order

Paint the barn [this year I really will do it probably]

Meditate every day

Be grateful every day

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Get completely over every guy I have ever liked so that I am free to enjoy other activities.

Build my family relationships to a point where I don't feel like I have to hide my AIM convos with close friends from them.

Visit the wonderful old folks in the nursing home I used to work at at least once a month.

Rescue a few gasping-for-breath-from-neglect friendships.

Pray because I want to, not out of obligation.

Learn to appreciate the good things that my manager does. (This might be the hardest of all!)

Patiently accept whatever comes of the lawsuit against the owner of the store where I work.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
1) Stop eating sugar and other things that have no nutritional value, because junk food makes me feel icky.

2) Go out more often (watching Seinfeld reruns isn't getting me anywhere socially).

3) Finish at least one issue of my zine.

4) Stop avoiding things that make me uncomfortable.

5) Keep track of my money.

6) Be more open with my family.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
ok seriously though

start eating more, and better

cut back on caffeine and junkfood

finish that dang magazine

get a hobby

pay off my visa which hasn't been below $800 in 3 years

and enough with the anxiety already

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
To read more thoroughly on VB with more intent to undestand VBers rather than just find something to reply-to.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
To resist the temptation to float around on VB when I have homework to do. (Which I don't right now, yay Christmas vacation!)

'Zactly, Ruthie!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by skylark

To read more thoroughly on VB with more intent to undestand VBers rather than just find something to reply-to.
Good one! I haven't had a lot of time to spend online recently so I'm not reading as carefully as I wish I could. As soon as I have the money I'm getting a internet access at home so I don't have to surf the web at work.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
One that my sister just reminded me of: actually sit down and READ the Harry Potter books. (She refuses to discuss the movies with me until I read the books.) They've been on my list o' books-I-must-read forever.

Oh, and buy at least one piece of VB merchandise.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.