VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious what most of you do for NYE. Do you celebrate it at all, spend it with family/friends at home or do you go out to dinner/club or maybe travel somewhere else?

Where have you spent your best New Years Eve yet?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
New Year's Eve is awesome! I've celebrated both in big groups and small. When I was little, we used to have a giant party with folks at church. Now, that sounds like snoozeville, but it was quite fun. Playing stupid board games, eating junk food, there'd be a movie corner and one spot where kids were sleeping. We'd have the TV tuned to Dick Clark and watch the ball drop, etc.

A couple of years ago, my sister and I did the whole Times Square thing. It definitely was one of those "it was great, but I wouldn't want to do it again" things. It was sooooooo crowded. At one, the crowd was smushing us against one of those metal police barriers, as we waited to go through a security check (one of several). I really thought there might be a riot...the cops kept yelling at those of us in the front couple of rows to "stay back". Wtf? We're being pushed forward by at least a block's worth of people. Morons. Once we made it through there, it was kinda cool.

Last year was a quiet celebration at home, watching a movie I think. (I can't remember exactly). This year's plans are still a mystery.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
No more celebrating here. I used to go out and do the whole "party" thing, back in the day. The past ten years or so have been quiet and uneventful. My favorite would be a house party with family and friends. No one my age is into it anymore. Everyone wants to stay home and do nothing. Bah. I think I'll see if I can talk my friend with the big house to have a party this year!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I've been out a few times and stayed in a few times. Last year I was quite ill unfortunately.

However, this year is going to be big! All of my friends will go to a huge crazy free party somewhere. I'm looking forward to it already.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
We usually spend New Year's Eve by going to the movies,and having a quiet

celebration at home.

At the stroke of midnight,I kneel beside my bed and thank God for another

year on this Earth,and ask for safety and blessings for my family during the

coming year.After that my daughter and I go outdoors and make a lot of noise!

·
Registered
720 Posts
NYE is usually a late Happy Birthday and Happy New Year mix, since my bd is is few days before. Best ever NYE was several years ago, with friends at a bar, getting totally trashed, but not losing it completely. We sat in the same bar at the same table and chatted for hours & hours and laughed our heads off before taking a cab home. Awesome. Had some bad ones, of course (either waking up w/the wrong people or unable to get up the next day 'cause of the hangover). But THIS year will hopefully be a BiG b-day bash, either in Chicago or NY. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA~goth~UK View Post

I spend the next two NYEves at your house in wonderful California whilst you are still stuck in the UK

This is my first NYE away from my group of friends in SF. I think I will sit home, get really drunk, watch movies and pout.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The last several years, the inlaws are still in town from visiting for Christmas. They try to be cool, so it's not too bad. We go out to eat, have a few drinks, and drive a few blocks away where there's a park we can watch fireworks from.

Remember the Y2k scare? Well, I work in IT, and that year I was downtown, drunk as can be, and when midnight struck and the lights didn't go out, I yelled, "Woohoo! Nothing happened! The nerds saved the world!" I thought it was hilarious, but I just got all these odd looks.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Knowing my group of increasingly boring friends, it'll be another year, another house party. Nobody ever wants to go out anymore.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Last year my husband and I went to a small party, just a dozen friends or so. We drank, played board games, and some party video games. It was great.

We live too far away to see them this year, though. I have no idea what we'll do.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I think I'll be working this year, but I might windup as some of the entertainment, belly dancing. That's still up in the air.

My best NYE ever was 2001, when all my friends went to a rave at a hotel downtown which was shut down early, so 150 ppl or so went to my BF(at the time)'s place and we had a rocking party there.

I only remember bits and pieces, but it was the best party I had ever been to.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
It's usually very warm on NYE where I am so my partner and I are putting on a Psytrance party on the beach for all our friends and anybody else who happens to wander by and wants to join us.

So if any of you happen to be in Australia on NYE and you like tha doof, kick off ya flip flops and come play in the sand

yeah right

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post

It's usually very warm on NYE where I am so my partner and I are putting on a Psytrance party on the beach for all our friends and anybody else who happens to wander by and wants to join us.

So if any of you happen to be in Australia on NYE and you like tha doof, kick off ya flip flops and come play in the sand

yeah right
Oh bug, why does Australia have to be so far away!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts