VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, made the switch about 3 weeks ago, then decided about 10 days ago to go vegan.

10 years ago had some clogged artery issues, went on plavix, blood pressure.

In the last 3 years the BP creeped up just a little, so the BP dose was upped a little.

Also, I get a carotid every year, and that is showing minor increases, they tell me it's to be expected at 62.

I read Ornish and Esselstyn and decided to go for it 99.9%

It isn't easy but I hate drugs and intend never too see a knife.

I have been off red meat 12 years and only has chicken, turkey and fish.

I miss my eggs and fish the most.

If this improves my circulation/BP as Ornish and Esselstyn state has anyone else here have actual results in how many months they took to see any difference.

Also any recommended addition blood tests to the standard work.

any thoughts ?

Jim

·
Registered
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo2110 View Post

Hi, made the switch about 3 weeks ago, then decided about 10 days ago to go vegan.

10 years ago had some clogged artery issues, went on plavix, blood pressure.

In the last 3 years the BP creeped up just a little, so the BP dose was upped a little.

Also, I get a carotid every year, and that is showing minor increases, they tell me it's to be expected at 62.

I read Ornish and Esselstyn and decided to go for it 99.9%

It isn't easy but I hate drugs and intend never too see a knife.

I have been off red meat 12 years and only has chicken, turkey and fish.

I miss my eggs and fish the most.

If this improves my circulation/BP as Ornish and Esselstyn state has anyone else here have actual results in how many months they took to see any difference.

Also any recommended addition blood tests to the standard work.

any thoughts ?

Jim
Welcome to the forums Jim
Not sure what else I could suggest for blood pressure, but the vegan diet is a great start. Maybe less salt in your foods? A little more exercise?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome to Veggie Boards, Jim.
Maybe you could check out recommendations on the PCRM website, or check out Joel Fuhrman's 'Eat To Live' plan?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts