VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just decided to become a vegetarian.(1 week and counting
) I have given up all meat but I still eat eggs and dairy. Eventually those will go also. Any ideas on how to get rid of those? I am known for my cakes and cookies. I need help!!! Does anyone know of a good cookbook and any good vegetarian snacks?(cookies)

I need something I can take with me so I don't end up at a mcdonalds again. Thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
747 Posts
hey, welcome!

dairy is easy when it comes to soymilk. even if you're not a big fan of it, you can try rice milk or keep trying soymilk. (I didn't like it at first, but now I love it!)

as for recipes, do some searches online. try chooseveg.com and choose on recipes. I just saw that they have TONS of them on there!!!

here are some yummy recipes that I have created:

http://quincynfriends.proboards98.co...d=recipesnfood

I have adjusted the vegan pizza recipe to include a nutritional yeast cheese-like topping. you'll find that if you make your own food, you can make adjustments over time. if it doesn't work out the first time, try again!

good luck.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Vegan baking is actually pretty easy if you start with a vegan recipe (at least while you're learning.) I've noticed that my baked goods actually taste better without eggs. My family's in love with vegan brownies. They're so much more chocolatey than the ones I used to make with eggs and butter.

·
Registered
87 Posts
if you have specific things you want recipes for, pm me- i may have something on file here- my mother has a huge collection of vegan recipes on her computer.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Well, if you do end up at McDonalds, the McDonaldland cookies are vegan! (About the only thing at McDonalds that are vegan).

Here's a website you might find interesting:

http://www.peta.org/accidentallyVegan/

Check out all the snack foods you'll find in stores that are actually vegan. (Some of them are only vegan in parts of the country, like Oreos, so you still should read the labels)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts