VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I am trying to lose weight. I am doing a search now to see what topics I can find on weight loss, but I want to say hi to everyone there and I hope to get lots of great info from you guys.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
welcome!

one of the best diets i've com across for vegetarians trying to loose weight is McDougall's Diet and also the heart doctor. can't remember his name right now, but he's a big deal. Anyway, i hope you can find it!

Good luck!

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Hi gracelove, Welcome to VB

Are you new to vegetarianism? I think that you will find that you loose weight over time by just being vegetarian.

If you want to speed the process try to go vegan for a while.

But why do you want to loose weight ? Are you sure you are over weight ?

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Quote:
Are you new to vegetarianism? I think that you will find that you loose weight over time by just being vegetarian.
I would have to disagree with that. Maybe with veganism but not necessarily with vegetarianism. You still have to watch what you eat.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by 1vegan

Hi gracelove, Welcome to VB

If you want to speed the process try to go vegan for a while.

But why do you want to loose weight ? Are you sure you are over weight ?
Hi, 1veg! yep. I am over 200lbs and I am only 5'6". I need to lose about 70lbs, believe it or not. I don't look it to people that know me, but I need to lose weight for health reasons for sure!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I've gained weight, but I eat what I want and haven't been exercising. Of course, those five pounds I gained merely put me into the "average" weight category for my height, and I've been stable at this weight for several months now.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I've lost 11 pounds since becoming a vegetarian.. 4 months. For the first one and a half months I was on a calorie reduced diet (with normal dairy intake) but I got sick of it and am eating normally now (however I eat very little dairy now, microscopic amounts actually!), and am still losing weight. Welcome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.