VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I found this forum through a Google search (it was the first one that popped up!) I am fairly new here, but from the little bit of lurking I have done, this seems like a great place!

I live in Texas and have recently, after 6 months or so of researching, taken the plunge into the vegetarian lifestyle. I had planned on doing this in steps (first giving up red meats and any sort of hot dogs/processed meats) but after about a week of that, it really snowballed and I kicked all meats within one month, except turkey, which I am currently working on kicking the cravings for. (I haven't had it in about five days)

I have an okay support group. My husband had a soy bean burger with me last night, and he actually loved it! But my extended family (parents, in-laws etc...) always seem to be cooking meats of some sort at family gatherings and give me a crazy look every time I decline their foods.

I joined this site, hoping to find that extra support and encouragement that I need to kick meats all together. I know that with a little help I can stick to my morals and embrace this healthy amazing lifestyle.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you all around the forums!

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hello and welcome! It truly does get easier and at some point family no longer thinks about it... and in the case of my family, they now make an effort to make sure there is something for me. My husband's family is not quite as accommodating, but it is relatively new to them. My brother lives in Texas and I've gotten the impression it is a tough culture to be vegetarian in, but you can do it! You've got us for support.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Welcome to the boards, I agree it will get easier as time goes, My omni husband is always allowing me to try different things before I am making drastic changes, I am also still new even after being here for over a year and half. I had some mishaps and set backs and sorrow in the passed year so I started anew this month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts