VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start from the beginning.....

When I was about 24 (I am 31 now)I was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder and gained about 50 lbs. Going from 5'8 150 to 200. In the interim I tried losing weight many, many times. Nothing worked. At around 28 I was diagnosed with hypertension and started talking bp meds. In june of this year my diagnosis of fibromyalgia came in and it really floored me. I have had pain for a while and never knew why but I didn't think it was so serious. The doc said the only thing that I could do is exercise and if I lose weight it could help.

I never thought that at the ripe age of 31 I would have so much going on in my body. Getting diagnosed with fibromyalgia was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. Ever since that day getting healthy has been my number one goal. And for the first time ever I wasn't slowing down with diet or exercise I was picking up steam!

I went from 210 to 190 in about 2 or 3 months. First time I was under 200 lbs since I was 24! Then I watched the documentary "Forks Over Knives" and knew right away I was going to adapt a vegan diet. After much research I was 100% sure going vegan was for me. It's been a month since I made the choice and I haven't looked back.

Ever since I had my own place I have cooked my own meals. I have been having fun learning how to cook vegan. So far my best dish to date has been lasagna

I'm at 187 lbs my goal weight I set for myself was 185 but I have decided that 170 or 175 would be better. Last night I had my personal best run of 3.3 miles and I feel better then I ever have in my entire life.

I hope I can learn a lot from this forum.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Congratulations on your progress to lead a healthier life! We're glad to have you with us.

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts