VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunno if anyone has heard about this? Loads of stuff like milks, cheeses, yogurts, jellys and creme caramels!

I blogged about it here if you want more info.

Bought a load of stuff today!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Ooooo. Is it April fools day already?! Are tescos really doing all this o_O

I finish work early on Thursday (as working a half day Saturday) im soooo off on a Tesco adventure. Even if it is a lot of repackaged stuff I bet its cheaper?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Very few of these items are showing up on the Tesco website...I am sad...
Doesnt look lke they stock near me anyway....booo

The 'range' is basically just other brands...repackaged.
The cheese is 'sheese'...it says so on the blog above....maybe other supermarkets will do this too....and I wont have to shop at evil Tesco!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

Ooooo. Is it April fools day already?! Are tescos really doing all this o_O

I finish work early on Thursday (as working a half day Saturday) im soooo off on a Tesco adventure. Even if it is a lot of repackaged stuff I bet its cheaper?
Not sure if it's cheaper, need to go and find out weights and prices of sheese to find out really. It's around the same price and easier to get hold of though. I'm just pleased to see more vegan products in mainstream shops

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I need to go to a tesco now.

I dreamt about it last night and woke up thinking 'awww too bad that was just a dream' then I remembered...its real!!!! haha

·
Registered
888 Posts
Omg just looked at the picture, the idea of an entire section of a supermarket chill cabinet stacked with vegan food, especially a lot of those hard to get items like cheese and almond milk, is so exciting!!!!
I bet my tesco won't stock it as it's quite small but it is still a very exciting development!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's incredible how much stuff there is, I was shocked. I've tried the chocolate coconut milk which is AMAZING, the creme caramel, the vanilla dessert shake and the sweet chilli spread. All of them delicious!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Oh how interesting, I might go find a a tesco sharpish!

Are they made with soya Hamry? (the ones you said were delicious)

Although sometimes I get tricked by free from, like when I bought FREE FROM bourbon biscuits and I was like yay biscuits I can eat... then I realised I could eat the regular ones at like 1/10th of the price haha.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, everything is soya except for the nut/rice/coconut milks.

Haha, I made that mistake with the free from bourbons, I just couldn't imagine regular ones being vegan.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
What regular bourbons are vegan D:

Also Hamry
What cheese is it....is it sheese? whats it like? Are the spreads cheese style spreads with flavour(like chilli) or just chilli spread?
Have you got a larger photo than whats on your blog?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha most supermarket brands are vegan on the bourbon front!

It is Sheese yeah, the spreads are sheese too, so the chilli one is a cheesy chilli spread. The photos on my blog get a bit bigger if you click on them, but that's as large as they go I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
ah...i thought I might be able to see the packaging a bit closer

I want to try some cheese! I got some cheezly and it is vile.

I assumed bourbons were only veggie as Sainsburys usually label their vegan items. Although checking the packet is does say 'produced in a factory that also handles milk' so maybe they cant for legal reasons...would you mind double checking these ingredients for me
(is a useless label reader)

Quote:
Wheat Flour, Sugar, Palm Oil, Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Glucose Syrup, Dextrose, Wheat Starch, Raising Agent: Ammonium Hydrogen Carbonate, Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate; Salt, Natural Flavouring.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Goth.Alice in my experience sainsburys only really lables about 1/2 it's actually vegan things, vegan. It's like sometimes they remember, sometimes they don't, lol. If you email, they always confirm it for you. From memory I think own brand were, but basics had milk powder or something in them. The free hotel ones are usually vegan too
(( lots and lots of biscuits are actually, it's always worth looking ))

Shame about the soya, I'll still have a look though

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The ingredients I posted above are from the basics range bourbons.

Im so excited to think one of my fav biscuits has been a sneaky vegan treat all along!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Tesco is pn the good way \\o/

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Sainsburys don't label things made on factory lines that process milk etc. as vegan to cover their asses with allergies I believe. So it's worth checking the labels if it just says vegetarian, you'll find a lot of stuff is fine

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Score.

Im getting better at this label reading thing..it just when you see long chemically sounding words and enumbers (i have link to the enumbers but its hard to remember them all) I give up reading because I have no idea if they are plant or animal dirived!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts