VeggieBoards banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

I've had a great idea! I will get the coffee ones for an easter present for myself since I gave up coffee for lent!
I ordered some a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkoon View Post

.........Isn't there any "plain" truffles? Like, non-coffee or maple syrup or coconut or anything. Just your plain old delicious chocolate truffle, only vegan?

Good luck with these though, I might give them a shot next time I'm in London
I am able to make "plain" truffles if you want them but for special orders there is a minimum order of 3 boxes as this ensures that there is no wastage and that it is worth my time (they do take a while to make).

Thankyou for the good luck

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehappyhippo View Post

I am able to make "plain" truffles if you want them but for special orders there is a minimum order of 3 boxes as this ensures that there is no wastage and that it is worth my time (they do take a while to make).

Thankyou for the good luck
why don't you offer plain truffles as 'standard' though? I imagine they would be quite popular. My girlfriend asked about them too when she was on your site this morning.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
yep not that i can order from where i am but if i could i would probably be somewhat interested in trying a couple of flavours but would be looking forward to plain chocolate the most. before i went vegan i loved truffles and i would always buy them at craft shows and chocolate shops that sell them individually where you can put together your own mixed box... i'd get 1 each of 2 or 3 flavours that i wanted to try and fill the rest of the box with plain chocolate, milk and dark. they're always my fav.

this could lend to some great promotions down the road too. such as buy x number of boxes of plain chocolate get a free sampler box of flavoured ones. this would encourage less adventurous folks to try out the more unusual flavours. if you're not sure you'd like a flavour there's no sense in spending the money on a whole box. plain chocolate is nice and safe lol

these look really good though

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

why don't you offer plain truffles as 'standard' though? I imagine they would be quite popular. My girlfriend asked about them too when she was on your site this morning.
The maple one is really called my plain truffle by a number of my regulars. The maple flavour is subtle and maple syrup is the perfect thickness to make the truffle soft enough. If I was to make a truly plain truffle the texture of the truffle would suffer slightly unless I could use another mild, liquid syrup and the flavourless syrups I can buy are of large quantities. Something to think about in the future though.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:

The maple one is really called my plain truffle by a number of my regulars. The maple flavour is subtle and maple syrup is the perfect thickness to make the truffle soft enough. If I was to make a truly plain truffle the texture of the truffle would suffer slightly unless I could use another mild, liquid syrup and the flavourless syrups I can buy are of large quantities. Something to think about in the future though.
ah. thanks. I will bear that in mind if I ever want a "plain" version

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Quote:

I have a mixed flavour box that may be coming out in September. It gets a bit more complicated with mixed flavour boxes as you got to be able to tell one flavour from another. I'm trying to think of an easy way that doesn't require excessive packaging, haven't worked it out yet but then I have been focusing on my new chocolate bar range a lot.

Thank you for all the positive comments. Glad you like the idea of more interesting flavours. The salt and pepper is the weirdest but gives chocolate a very unique flavour.
A lot of companies pipe different designs on the top of the chocolate (in chocolate) so you can tell the difference... like one gets a dot, one gets stripes, one gets curley q's... that sort of thing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

A lot of companies pipe different designs on the top of the chocolate (in chocolate) so you can tell the difference... like one gets a dot, one gets stripes, one gets curley q's... that sort of thing.
I've been looking into that, but as they are all handmade that sort of detail can be time consuming and mind numbingly boring after a few 1000 truffles. Lovely idea though and one I will be using for my chocolate collection range in the future. I have found two of the four different mould shapes so I can, at the very least, have a two-flavoured box.

I have released a 4-truffle box (as opposed to the 16 box) so you can buy a few mini-boxes to easily try more flavours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I occasionally eat chocolate long preferring carob to it which is harder to find now but I was in Whole Fools the other day and saw a dark chocolate bar at the check out counter and replied to this thread as a warning to other vegans. It contained dairy ingredients! Not fit for a dog or myself. I wound up pitching it. I support all vegan businesses as all vegans and vegetarians should. Btw vegan chocolate truffles sound delicious.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts