VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Admin
Tree hugging biker
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Darren and i come from Bolton, a town in Northern England.

I will also be your New Admin for my sins.

The Coronavirus set in motion a chain of events that had some positive changes in my life and unfortunately some that can't be undone or best forgotten. Rather than dwell on things i can't control i adapted and moved on.

One of those things was lack of use of my vehicles during the pandemic...after 2 years i've finally sold them all and gone Green. It's purely leg power from now on via my Brompton M/S9R (9 gears) or one of my Trek road bikes; i was into cycling from being a kid and this led to my love of motorcycles later on.

Another lifestyle choice was to improve my health and change my diet, drinking habits and sleep patterns.

I haven't gone Vegetarian yet, but the clock is ticking as to when i take the plunge...And because i'm also changing other aspects of my lifestyle, the Vegetarian step is all but inevitable. I wouldn't miss eating meat, sweets (candy), chocolate or drinking spirits anyway tbh. I will however still drink coffee (i'm a geek) and wine.

As i'm going to be relatively new to all of this i will be just like any other Newbie on here, it will be a new-journey in my life and i will probably need the help of you good members who have walked this journey to guide me...,

In return i will look after these boards for you...i have already made one change (plenty more to come)..you may have noticed the Yellow "Newbie Post" prefix...others will be coming to all of the other sections in the coming days along with a bit of tidying up etc. to make things look a bit neater.

I'm also going to get rid of all the trash - dead-wood that forums seem to gather in the corners and introduce some new Warnings and Guidelines for any that may need updating.

Can i ask that you please make use of the Report function on any Spam that you may see as some of it will escape me until i get used to the different types (terminologies i'm not familiar with)...i will do some studying over the coming days/weeks, so please bear with me during this running in period.

Darren. :coffee:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for taking on the responsibility of being the new administrator of this forum. Although I don't participate that much, due to the fact that I only use computers that are available in my city's noisy public libraries, I do highly value the existence of this forum. Anyway, I wish you all the best administrating it.

·
Admin
Tree hugging biker
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the kind words, it's much appreciated.

I've already made some changes behind the scenes (more to come), some are obvious, whilst some aren't. Currently diposing of the dead wood (quite a bit tbh) or should that be compost ;) ...either way some of it has been sent packing.

Enjoy your stay.

Reactions: Shoulder Tapper

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Welcome! I visited Europe (including the UK) back in 2000. I loved it, although I haven't yet made any plans to go back.

Reactions: Rincewind
1 - 4 of 4 Posts