VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I am so excited to have found a truly ACTIVE board to help me in transitioning to veganism! A bit about me... I live in LA, originally from NY, studying women's and gender studies and political science, hoping to be a grantwriter or fund developer at nonprofits. Most of my life has been vegetarian or mammal-free (no red meat or pork) but I've been wanting to transition to veganism for a long time- I know too much about where food and other products come from that I am not comfortable with lacto-ovo vegetarianism anymore. I am also trying to get more directly involved in animal rights, besides advocating on the internet. It scares me that the world is such a hostile place for animal activists
and the ALF is on the list of domestic terrorists above the Ku Klux Klan.

I have a mini rat-rescue at my house and I'm switching my ratties to vegan food, as well as trying to get rid of all my leather, wool, non-vegan foods and other products. I wish I was privileged enough to trade everything in for vegan alternatives right away but sadly that isn't the case (my car with leather seats, for example).

Anyway, looking forward to joining the discussion and getting support and info on my road to veganism!

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Welcome to VB! And congratulations on your veganism decision!

It's true, the world is in a sad state. So it's good to have places like this forum where like-minded people can get together and help each other

·
Registered
966 Posts
Welcome! I like your avatar. His paw being stretched out like that makes him look especially cute.

·
Registered
612 Posts
'Lo there! And a most gracious welcome to your fine self. Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts