VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to introduce myself, and let you all know a little something about me. I am a 19 yr old female who, after long thinking, and reasearching, has decided to become a vegetarian. So far it has been only one week, but I feel so proud of myself. I have cut out meat completely. Money is very scarce, so I havnt cut out dairy, eggs, or byproducts as of yet. I hope to become a vegan sooner that later...when I can afford it, that is. Animals are my passion. I adore them for the wonderfully, amazing creatures they are. Saying I love them would be an understatement. I think we could all learn a thing or two from them. For me, I could never look an animal in the eye, knowing I eat them. Now, I feel so much better about myself. So do you guys think it is atleast a good start for me to cut out meat completely, and then lead up to becoming a full vegan when I can appropriately afford it? Well, that is all.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Congrats for going veggie!
Going vegan can be inexpensive, depending on what you buy. If you don't spend a lot of money on processed products and instead buy more fresh fruits and veggies, it shouldn't be too expensive. But if you feel it's best to wait a bit, then that's up to you. Good luck with your transition, and welcome!

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
You've made a wonderful change in your life! Welcome!

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
People adapt to a new lifestyle in different ways - if this is the way that best works for you, then YOU should be the judge of that and no-one else. I'm in a similar position - it isn't finance, but circumstance in my case though.

Good luck with the transition. Oh, and well done!

pirate x

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatis View Post

So do you guys think it is atleast a good start for me to cut out meat completely, and then lead up to becoming a full vegan when I can appropriately afford it?
Yep.

Welcome to VB!
And congratulations on going vegetarian!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts