VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I have to remember it is just that..a journey. I have made some not so good recipes these past couple of days and tasted some food that my tastebuds didn't agree with. The transition is going to take some getting use to and I have to remember that vegan queso will not be like the "real' thing for example. It's all for the greater good and hopefully through trial and error I will get the hang of it

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I'm surprised you didn't at least get a welcome, so welcome aboard! Yes, it will take a little time to decide what recipes you want to make, and what tastes you like too. Why don't you tell us a little more about the foods you like, what cookbooks you might have or would like to have,and if you like to cook at all!

Any other pressing questions you have?

Welcome again, and yes, this is journey, not a destination....and it keep evolving!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Good luck and welcome. I'm an old newbie to veganism, like you and many others some recipes i have made are great others, not so great. If you need any help or recipes, feel free to ask

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Welcome! I have a KILLER recipe for vegan lemon bars if you're interested. They do taste just like conventional lemon bars made with dairy and eggs.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Welcome! I have a KILLER recipe for vegan lemon bars if you're interested. They do taste just like conventional lemon bars made with dairy and eggs.
share the recipe lady

·
Registered
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Is it the Veganomicon one? If so, then it's yummmm.

vegankitt, welcome and feel free to ask any questions

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjesta View Post

Is it the Veganomicon one? If so, then it's yummmm.
No, it's the Joy of Vegan Baking one. But now I'm gonna try out the Veganomicon one too.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
hmmmm.....haven't had either one, and have both cookbooks....on the to do list!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome Vegankitt! Recipes are really trial and error, I've had some awesome successes (Banana Blueberry Pancakes from 1000 Vegan Recipes) and some disasters (Blackbean Brownies from Happy Herbivore) but just keep trying and soon you will have a large supply of favorites to pull from! It's fun to try new things!

I just tried the vegan queso by Food for Lovers which I think I like even better than the Nacho Mom's! It had a thinner consistency and was pretty spicy! Loved it!

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
Hi, Vegankitt, and welcome. Keep trying and if you're iffy about a recipe, trying halving it, so that if you really hate it, you won't have so much to toss. I hate wasting food, so I usually try to salvage not-so-great recipes by doctoring them up with other ingredients to mask the unpleasantness.
Good luck and keep at it.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Yeah, I've come to realize that it takes some time figuring out likes and dislikes and a sort of schedule of foods to get proper nutrients and great tasting food. It is great to try out new things, though, and discover all the great foods you've been missing.

·
Registered
468 Posts
welcome kitt and gl w/ the journey. each day gets easier than the last. i'm always open to sharing recipes if you're in a rut.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts