VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
My name is Sarah, and I am both a vegetarian and a Spiritual Medium. I understand this is not of everyone's belief but it is a big part of who I am and why I became a vegetarian. I have been a vegetarian for about 6 years or so. I have a degree in psych and am a child and youth worker. I've been published in a magazine talking about spirit guides and currently am working on getting a novel published. Right now it's being reviewed by several editors and is at the last stage -the their next meeting is the final one where they deicide to keep or disgard. *crosses fingers*

I love wildlife photography (Not that I'm any good ), and being outdoors.

So that's a lil bout me...thanks for listening !!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome, Sarah! I'm completely non-judgmental, so I embrace you with open arms. I'm relatively new here as well, but if you need anything or want to talk, I'm always here in some way, shape or form! Good luck on your book! And you don't have to be a professional at something to enjoy it, keep snapping those photos!

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Welcome SC! What's your novel about, or is it a secret?

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Hello and welcome to Veggieboards Sarah.

Do you have to have a devout religious belief to be a Spiritual Medium? Are there any atheist mediums that you know?
I'm atheist myself, but I find Mediumship very interesting, and I wish that I had a similar "gift".

Have you ever watched "Most Haunted"? If so, what did you think of it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all!

Capstan, my book is about my life growing up being able to see spirits.

Vincent- I don't follow any particular religion, though I do believe in Jesus as a great healer and teacher as I recognize all other teachers and gurus of other religions. Mediums are able to communicate with the "Other Side" which involves hearing or seeing spirits, for me both. I would think that to be born with such an ability would make it extremely difficult to be athiest. Most Athiests I've met don't believe in spirits or the existence of the soul. To be able to see the spirits and communicate it is soon discovered that there is a creator. To be able to live in such a world where you can see the "Other Side" I would think would make it very hard to disbelieve without having some kind of crisis lol. That being said, there's also "psychic" which all mediums are, however not all psychics are mediums. Most psychics are intuitive based. They can feel energy and use intuition to understand events in the past or future- however that again brings about the question, if there's a planned future, an intuition that can be used to divine such things- their must be more-so athiesm would be difficult but I'm not saying people wouldn't try it

I don't watch any haunted shows because they drive me crazy at how they inaccurate they can be and how unethical/unsafe.

Hi River, there may be no connection for some people. For myself it really helped me to make the transition to being vegetarian when I could see their very souls/spirits when they passed on.

·
Registered
526 Posts
A very big welcome to you ^___^

I'm interested in your unique path to vegetarianism. I know someone who said they had a similar experience. Although I do believe you can be atheist and still believe in spirits and other supernatural beliefs. I think the word atheist just carries too many preconceived notions with it. It just means you don't believe in a gods/goddesses. But animism would fall under atheism, I believe, which would just be belief in a life force in everything.
I have animistic beliefs, though I feel I may be agnostic when it comes to a creator -- I would have my suspicions about anyone claiming to be "God", even if they are a very powerful entity, haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts