VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm new to the boards and am excited to have found this site! I've been a vegetarian for about 5 years and am relatively new to being a vegan. I've struggled in the past with being vegan--both because I "give up," so to speak, and eat some dairy and because I find people react negatively, almost hostile, to me when I tell them I'm a vegan. I hope that I can find some of the support here to help me through times like that!

So, I'm Andrea, 30 years old, and living in Chicago for the past 3 years. Before that, I lived almost my entire life in New York, near the Bronx.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi AndreaEva!
I live a bit north of Milwaukee, so we're not too far away from each other. I'm sure that you'll find that coming here will help a lot. It's a great place for support!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks epski... I figured this would be a "safe" place for me! It's really funny how upset people get when you tell them what you do and don't eat...

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Yeah, there are some real boogers out there. It always surprises me that some people decide they don't like someone because they're veg. That wont happen here. We are here to support you.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
haha!....

You know Andrea, even if this were the North or South pole you'd still get a warm reception!...
hehe... Welcome!... (Thats just a thought that came over me by the way/ non-spec.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.