VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I finally decided to sign up on this site. (Been watching it for awhile.) I've been a vegetarian for about 4 years and have recently decided to go vegan about 3 months ago. I'll be honest, I still eat a few products that have a little egg, honey or modified milk ingredients. I don't really want to eat those products, but I also don't want to throw out all my food in the house. (The food was already bought when I was vegetarian, not letting it go to waste.) Of course, when I go shopping now I only buy vegan products.

Now I know a lot of you are already eyeing my user name Shaken_bacon now let me explain. I've used this name online for over 10 years and I originally created when I was trying to think of a new user name. (I was having Shake N Bake on some chicken at the time so I called myself shaken_bacon.) It's kind of ironic using the name as I don't eat meat obviously anymore, but I'm too used to it to change it now.

Well I look forward to posting and meeting you all. Cheers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaken_bacon View Post

I'll be honest, I still eat a few products that have a little egg, honey or modified milk ingredients. I don't really want to eat those products, but I also don't want to throw out all my food in the house.
I'm a recent vegan too. I'm still in the obsessive label reading phase, just realising exactly how much dairy and eggs are added to otherwise innocent looking foods. It's frustrating, but I feel like its the manufacturers that should change, not me. Welcome anyway!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonface88 View Post

I'm a recent vegan too. I'm still in the obsessive label reading phase, just realising exactly how much dairy and eggs are added to otherwise innocent looking foods. It's frustrating, but I feel like its the manufacturers that should change, not me. Welcome anyway!
The worst part is reading products like veggie burgers to find out they're not vegan friendly... You think companies like this would go all the way and make it vegan friendly as well. Thanks for the welcome. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

I'd rather see "fakin' bacon!"
Welcome!
Me too ha ha. Thanks for the welcome.
=)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts