VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the entire plant world and gardening thing. But I've been inspired by a book I'm reading to give it a try. I got a tree-like plant from my mom that has been so far unidentified and I wouldn't know where to start. I have it sitting on a desk and give it bottled water everytime I notice it's dry.

Anyway, I'd like to start right away but live in southern ontario, and the weather is pretty cold and nippy. It's going to snow anytime now, I'm surprised the ground isn't covered in it as things are. Is there a blooming type plant that I can start indoors?

Also, we have a bearded dragon and I'd love to start some flowers in with him, as he has the UV light and such. Any suggestions there?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
You need to make sure any flowers you put in with the dragon aren't toxic, in case he eats them. I'd check on a dragon forum or website to see which are recommended. (I don't know if dragons eat plants, but, in general, you don't want to put toxic plants in with any animals)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.