VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi gracelove and welcome! I have lost 65-70lbs in the past year and attribute it largely to cutting dairy out of my diet (along with daily exercise.) I have been vegetarian for years but only found the motivation to cut out the dairy when my second daughter was born and seemed to de sensitive to dairy in my breastmilk. I'm calculating the weight I have lost from my pre-pregnancy weight so it has been quite significant! I have never eaten eggs but I was consuming a large amount of fat from my dairy intake. I say go for it and cut it out! Cut out the obvious sources of dairy first (cheese, ice-cream, yogurt, milk) and don't really worry about dairy ingredients in bread, cereals, baked goods, etc. Don't be afraid of carbs either! I eat tons of carbs! Try to vary your grains and keep them whole grain if possible. Eat beans, soy, tons of veggies, fruit, rice, pasta, and drink tons of water. Try to incorporate new foods that you've never had before so you don't feel deprived...it's like a new adventure!

As you start losing weight you will feel more active and you need to increase your exercise. It's addictive...yes, check out the hamster thread! The support is great. Best to you!

Christa

1 - 1 of 1 Posts