VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
I approve. Although I might have added 20 seconds of actual animal footage at the end to show that this is no exaggeration.

I do believe the horror and despair that those people were acting out is no different from what the animals feel, in their own language and way. Except most are so beaten down and deadened from birth to death confinement and torture that they hardly move after awhile.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
But it's so much less disturbing than actual animal footage - these are actors - that to me it's very mild.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
That seems about right, I've been waiting for a video like this to come out.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I wondered if Kaufman had any political or personal leaning on the issue after hearing about Poultrygeist a while ago.

Apparently he is a vegetarian
quote from http://www.acidlogic.com/lloyd_kaufman.htm
Quote:
LK: As I was saying, the McDonalds moved in next door and they did a lot of things we didn't like. Then I read "Fast Food Nation" and I learned more about the outrage of the whole fast food industry, so this is more inspired by my own experiences of having a neighbor to the Troma building, and then the points raised in "Fast Food Nation". P.E.T.A., the people for the ethical treatment of animals, have been a big influence on my own life. I became a vegetarian because of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEA5R0XHOQ

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

That seems about right, I've been waiting for a video like this to come out.
I knew you would like it because you're a fan of graphic horror films.

I'm glad that this was so explicit about what it is like for a human to experience animal exploitation.

To me, a lot of horror films show humans in animal positions in our society, but do it unconsciously. Like, Human Centipede is what it's like to be a victim of vivisection, and what is done to animals in real life is really as depraved and sadistic as what happens to those people.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

To me, a lot of horror films show humans in animal positions in our society, but do it unconsciously. Like, Human Centipede is what it's like to be a victim of vivisection, and what is done to animals in real life is really as depraved and sadistic as what happens to those people.
Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. One of our greatest fears is being treated like we treat other animals.
I remember the organization in Hostel had a business card which hid their activities under an "elite hunting" agency or something.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

I approve. Although I might have added 20 seconds of actual animal footage at the end to show that this is no exaggeration.

I do believe the horror and despair that those people were acting out is no different from what the animals feel, in their own language and way. Except most are so beaten down and deadened from birth to death confinement and torture that they hardly move after awhile.
^^^This.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ditto.

Though I think they did a very good job on this film. The actors show how each animal has their own personality. It's not as nightmarish as it could be, so it's like early movies. Not as good as Metropolis, but like a regular movie of those times.

I think OMG! This is beautiful ugly. I love that it tells the truth & that is beautiful, because people need to see what is real. And this truth is an ugly, ugly truth.
Excellente' PETA

·
Registered
311 Posts
call me sick but i like that video, in fact i think i like all PETA videos! i think i will start a thread called PETA videos so everyone can post a link to there favourite PETA video.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
good video guys

1 - 20 of 23 Posts