VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
Just wanted to post and say hi!! Just went ovo-veggie about a week ago to see if I can control my LPR (silent reflux). I've been on meds for 8+ years and it's not getting any better!! I wasn't a huge meat eater but I was one none-the-less. I suspect milk and milk products are a big factor in my LPR as I would feel horrible after eating them, especially ice cream. I chose to keep eggs in my diet, for now, as I really enjoy them!! I only eat maybe 2 a week (organic, free range) and continue to bake with them. (I was a baker in a restaurant in my younger days....love to play with flour!!) I don't do soy but I just tried tempeh and it wasn't half bad. I may incorporate that into my diet maybe once a week. I also run anywhere from 2.5 to 5 miles most days and have found myself really enjoying my runs now!! I started running abut 3 years ago at the ripe age of 45 (ya'll can do the math...it's ok..hahahaha) and found it to be quite liberating, not to mention good for me!! So there ya have it! Nice to meet you all!!
~Tamara~

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Hi there and welcome aboard! My sister in law has been a runner for many years and simply loves it. It sounds like you enjoy cooking, and I hope you'll check out some of our recipes and visit some vegetarian recipe blogs and discover how good meatless can be. Dairy can do a number on the innards, and I have yet to meet anyone who didn't feel a million times better after removing it from the menu.
We're glad you're here! Stick around. There are a plenty of very nice and knowledgeable folks here on VB.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Hi, welcome to Veggieboards!

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Welcome Tamara! Glad to have you on board! (BTW, I moved your thread to the "introduce yourself" subforum.)

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Welcome!
Quitting dairy has helped with problems I didn't even know dairy had caused! My allergies, and congestion are soooo much better!
Baking without eggs and dairy is surprisingly good!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! Ya'll are awesome!! And thanks for moving my post Indian Summer. I got so excited to be here I done fergit to put it in the right subforum!!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Welcome to VeggieBoards!

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
Hi, stagemom, and welcome! I so miss my running days (bad knee), but I walk a ton. Exercise is so good for the mind as well as the body. Re dairy: I used to think it was normal to get stomach aches after eating ice cream
. Since I gave up dairy, I feel sooooo much better! Hope you are feeling better soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTree15 View Post

Re dairy: I used to think its normal to get stomach aches after eating ice cream
. Since I gave up dairy, I feel sooooo much better! Hope you are feeling better soon.
Thanks PTree15! Walking is fabulous for the mind and body too!! I really suspect that dairy makes my reflux flare up. Doc kept telling me to ditch the coffee but now that I drink it with coconut milk creamer I have almost no problems!! If I ate ice cream I would start clearing my throat within a half hour and my stomach would gurgle miserably! Coconut milk "ice cream": no such problem. And I've cut my meds down to 1x a day from 2x a day. As a matter of fact I haven't even taken any acid reducer today and I ate spicy tacos with guac for breakfast plus 2 cups of coffee. Feeling pretty darn good too!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome! I admire anyone who is a runner, as I hate running. I would rather do ANY other exercise, lol. I am a vegetarian working on cutting dairy out of my diet as well. Now that i'm consuming less I can tell what it does to my system (clearing my throat, stomach feeling icky, etc.) a lot more when I do consume it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts