VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
I like Ruidoso and that area...mostly, I guess, because when I lived in Las Cruces going up in the mountains to get out of the summer heat was sort of liking dying and going to heaven!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I don't think I've ever visited Las Cruces. I have an aunt in Albuquerque. I may visit there more often, when I move to Ruidoso.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm in Ruidoso, now. A chick at the health food store told me there's a Ruidoso veggie club around here somewhere. I need to go talk to some lady at a yoga studio to find out more. I'll try to get us some more New Mexican VBers, but most of the people here don't do the internet thing.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Hi! We may be moving to albuquerque in the summer. Whats the veggie scence like out there? Are there a lot of health food stores around?

·
Registered
0 Posts
There's plenty of little stores and a couple Whole Foods, around. All of the restaurants I've gone to, there, have been more than accommodating.No worries, Albuquerque's cool.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
I'm excited! I discovered the Annapurna Chai House today! It's an Ayurvedic vegan place, with some vegetarian items available, but no meat (anywhere in the restaurant -- woohoo!). The food is quite yummy, and not overpriced. My only complaint is that need more "full meals" to go along with their ala carte items. Maybe with a greater influx of customers.

Blue Dragon is another good place, but they do tend to be overpriced. :p

·
Registered
0 Posts
hey everyone! this thread seems to be kindof slow, which is sad to me...im from florida but im moving to white sands area soon,...its like 40 miles i think from las cruces

anyone near me??

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm in Albuquerque too. There used to be a great Vietnamese restaurant neaby me but it closed recently.
They had lots of awesone tofu dishes and vegan spring rolls. I went to the new Annupurna location a few months ago, but Auryvedic food is a little blandish for my tastes. Anyone been to 20 carrots cafe on central? Like half of their dishes are chicken or fish
but what they do have is good. They have like four different styles of hotdogs (Boca i think, not vegan) that come with mixed veggie chips and a pickle for under 4$. I had the chili dog when I went there and I have been hankering for another one.

Oh! if you call ahead to Fresh Choices (small Italian buffet style) on central they will make you a vegan pizza. They also have a salad bar, (unbuttered) bread, and pasta, but ususally only one or two veg*n sauce options. But it's only like 6$ for dinner, so it's worth it if you get the pizza. They have a coupon in the Entertainment Book too.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina123 View Post

hey everyone! this thread seems to be kindof slow, which is sad to me...im from florida but im moving to white sands area soon,...its like 40 miles i think from las cruces

anyone near me??
Yeah, I'm about 50 miles from Alamogordo. Just up the hill.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Mosquito: The Twenty Carrots is okay. I get tired of its fare pretty quickly. I went to the India Palace tonight, but don't go very often due to $$$. The garlic naan is still on my tongue.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yeah, I haven't gotten tired of 20 carrots yet as I've only been there once, and it was like five months ago, and no-one will ever go with me. Where is the India Palace?

I've gotta say I've had some baaaaaad experiences with restaurants here. I've been to several that had a serious lack of veggie options.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
I've managed to maneuver well, even though I tend to reject a lot of Chinese places... They insult my intelligence by implying that if I don't see the meat, it is not there.

The India Palace is on Montgomery and Wyoming right across from the Vitamin Cottage.

Another good place is the Chinese Restaurant behind the Olive Garden on Copper and Juan Tabo. Ask for the owner when you go in, and explain to him that you are vegetarian. They keep very little vegetarian fare on the buffet, but if you explain that you're vegetarian to him, he will instruct the cooks not to use any animal broth in your dishes. If we get enough vegetarians going to this restaurant, they are quite likely to mark dishes on the buffet as vegetarian and offer more vegetarian fare. The owner's attitude towards veggies is quite positive!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.