VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm looking for a vegan/vegan friendly bakery in Albuquerque or Santa Fe that does custom cake orders and deliveries. I have friends who live between the two cities who I want to send them a cake just before Christmas, because I'm unable to go down and visit them over the holidays this year.

Usually I bake them a cake myself, but I'll be overseas and can't post it to them! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! (I would ask them but I want it to be a surprise!)

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
One thing I would not recommend from Annapurna is their cakes -- they're usually pretty dry. Any other dessert, make sure you've tried it yourself before you order it for someone else. I love their ladus and pecan pies, but have been disappointed with their cakes.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

One thing I would not recommend from Annapurna is their cakes -- they're usually pretty dry. Any other dessert, make sure you've tried it yourself before you order it for someone else. I love their ladus and pecan pies, but have been disappointed with their cakes.
Oh, yeah, avoid the "cakes"!!! I had a piece of what was supposed to be coconut cream or something, and I swear it was like eating forkfuls of straight shredded coconut.

Actually, avoid Annapurna's all together.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesira View Post

Actually, avoid Annapurna's all together.
You're joking about this, right? Never had their baked goods, but the rest is obviously all quite good.

This answer may too late for the OP, but The weekday breakfast chef at Casa Del Toro Bed and Breakfast in Santa Fe is vegan and raw and she does some STUNNING desserts. She used to do special orders and mail orders when she had her own restaurants, and I would imagine she could be persuaded to do something for a special order even now.

Contact Mariela Rodriguez at Casa Del Toro, Santa Fe, NM (sorry, you'll have to Google a phone #)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

Whoops. I've thought of another really good cafe in Santa Fe where I tried some vegan desserts and was pretty impressed.

Whole Body Cafe

http://www.bodyofsantafe.com/body_cafe.html

Their menu:

http://www.bodyofsantafe.com/PDF/BOD...menu012609.pdf

Again, their desserts aren't listed, but from what i remember they had quite a few vegan desserts.
I second Body! You might need to call ahead of time to ask for a cake, but their desserts are to DIE for. Can't you tell I love this place? Haha!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.