VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I'm lovin' the green chile everywhere- Hatch green chile is #1. Made rellenos recently, and my favorite squash & green chile stew. Scramble it in eggs, grill it & throw on veggie burgers, chop it an stir in melted cheese for queso & chips(also good with on a veggie burger for mock queso steak), send it thru the Quisinart for enchilada sauce..... just love green chile.

Next month or so? The delicious glory that is red chile season!!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I prefer green. Every year I buy a huge bag of organic green chiles and freeze them in little bags, so I can have green chile all year long. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm weak for red foremost but right now the green is terrific. I prefer to roast & freeze myself as well. I think the huge roasters over cook & I like some body left, especially for rellenos. Also the gray color the chile turns when over cooked is YECCK!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last night: green chile stew made with Hatch chile,taters, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, cumin, oregano. The last few minutes I added MorningStar Farms recipe crumbles. Served it with chile-cheese cornbread. It was great. (I know the whole GMO controversy and dont care. )

Also a fan of rellenos stuffed with cheese and soysauge, cheese and corn, cheese and mashed beans....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.